The Directorate General Resettlement, the apex body under the Department of Ex-servicemen Welfare, Ministry of Defence responsible for res...
The Directorate General Resettlement, the apex body under the Department of Ex-servicemen Welfare, Ministry of Defence responsible for resettlement of Ex-servicemen including officers, organizes orientation training programmes and facilitates job re-settlement for Ex-servicemen. Short Service Commissioned Officers, who have completed their terms of engagement and fall under the category of ex-servicemen, are extended all the re-settlement facilities. The following resettlement opportunities are available to ex-servicemen Officers:-
- Sponsoring names of ESM Officers based on requisition received from Government Sector / PSUs and Corporates.
- Allotment of Security agency scheme.
- Management of CNG station by ESM (Officers) in NCR.
- Allotment of Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd / Indian Oil Corporation Ltd. (Company Owned Company Operated) outlets.
- Coal loading and transportation scheme. Percentage-wise reservation ranging from 10% to 24.5% of the available vacancies in Group C & D posts in Central Government and Central Public Sector Undertakings / Banks have been provided for the willing and eligible ex-servicemen. Most State Governments also provide reservation to ex-servicemen in State Government jobs. 10% vacancies are reserved in all the posts upto the level of Assistant Commandant in all para-military forces. Moreover, suitable age relaxation is available for the ex-servicemen in services or posts filled by direct recruitment.
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF DEFENCE
LOK SABHAUNSTARRED QUESTION NO 2534
ANSWERED ON 10.12.2012
JOB RESETTLEMENT2534 . Shri JAYANT CHAUDHARY
Will the Minister of DEFENCE be pleased to state:-
(a) whether there is a framework for job resettlement of retired military officers especially for Short Commissioned Officers; and
(b) if so, the details thereof?
MINISTER OF STATE IN THE (SHRI JITENDRA SINGH) MINISTRY OF DEFENCE
(a) & (b): ** see above **
Source: Lok Sabha
Stay connected with us via Facebook, Google+ or Email Subscription.
Subscribe to Central Government Employee News & Tools by Email [Click Here]
Follow us: Twitter [click here] | Facebook [click here] | Google+ [click here]