MNC submits memorandums to PM, Union Finance Minister
JAMMU, Feb 15: National Mazdoor Conference (NMC) submitted the memorandums of demands to Prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh, UPA Chairperson Sonia Gandhi and Finance Minister P Chidamabaram in New Delhi.
Demands projecting by NMC chief Subash Shastri in the memorandums including
- constitution of 7th pay commission,
- immediate merger of 50 percent DA into basic pay/pension,
- grant of 20 percent interim relief to the salaried class across the country till the implementation of the recommendations new pay commission,
- raising income tax exemption limit to Rs five lakh, and
- enhancing the monthly wages of daily rated workers to Rs ten thousand.
In the memorandums Shastri stressed Union Finance Minister to raise the income Tax exemption limit From Rs two Lakh to Rs 5Lakh and total exemption of DA from income tax limit, the salaried class feel that this gesture will increase purchasing power and stimulate demands.
Other demands emphasized in the memorandums mentioned included granting B-1 status to Jammu and Srinagar cities.
Shastri said that the demands highlighted in the memorandums would be major issue during the forthcoming election of Lok Sabha as these pertain to crore of Central and state government, employees and pensioners and their families which constitute a large chunk of voters.
Stay connected with us via Facebook, Google+ or Email Subscription.
Subscribe to Central Government Employee News & Tools by Email [Click Here]
Follow us: Twitter [click here] | Facebook [click here] | Google+ [click here]