Seventh Pay Commission has sought information on the parity of pay scales manifests in posts of a similar nature:-
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
SEVENTH CENTRAL PAY COMMISSION7CPC/99/RR/2014/1
Dated: 8th September, 2014Dear
The 7th Central Pay Commission has been receiving a number of memoranda, representations from associations/federations as well as individual cadres on pay and related issues. As part of its working, the Commission is also hearing various groups of employees both in Delhi and during its visits outside Delhi.
2. One of the major issues raised before the Commission centres on the subject of parity. One aspect of parity manifests in how posts of a similar nature are placed. Certain cadres/category of employees have, in their deposition before the Commission, stated that there are cases when identical or similarly placed cadres/categories of employees in different Ministries/Departments are placed differentially in terms of pay and promotional prospects.
3. With a view to examining and addressing this aspect of parity amongst apparently similarly placed cadres/posts, the Commission has devised a template to be filled in for posts being administered by your Department. The template seeks to elicit information that would be readily available in the Recruitment Rules for the concerned post(s)/cadres. In case your Department only operates posts involving common cadres like the Central Secretariat Service (CSS), Central Secretariat Stenographers Service (CSSS), Central Secretariat Clerical Service (CSCS), a NIL report may kindly be furnished to the Commission.
4. Since the Work of the Commission is time bound may I request that information as sought is furnished by 25 September 2014. Perhaps a copy of the RRs themselves could be sent as advance information.
Ms. Kavery BanerjeeSecretary
Department of Posts
Dak Bhawan, Sansad Marg
New Delhi 110 001.
Enclosure: As above.
File No. 4-4/2014-PCC
Government of India
Ministry of Communications & IT
Department of Posts
Pay Commission Cell
Dak Bhawan, Sansad Marg,
All Chief Postmasters General,
DDG (P), Postal Dte., Dak Bhavan, New Delhi
DDG (PAF), Postal Dte., Dak Bhavan, New Delhi
Chief Engg.(Civil), Dak Bhavan, New Delhi
Sub: - Information on the parity of pay scales manifests in posts of a similar nature.Sir,
Please refer to DO Letter No. 7/CPC/99/RR/2014/1 dated 8-09-2014 issued by Secretary, 7th Central Pay Commission (copy enclosed).
2. The Secretary, 7”‘ Central Pay Commission has informed that certain cadres/category of employees have, in their deposition before the Commission, stated that there are cases when identical or similarly placed cadre/categories of employees in different ministries/Departments are placed differentially in terms of pay and promotional prospects. Therefore the Commission has called for the information on the aspect of parity manifests in how many posts of a similar nature are placed.
3. In view of the above, it is requested that the required information on the subject may be forwarded to ADG (PCC) by 21 September 2014 in the Proforma enclosed with copies of the recruitment rules in support for; further submission to 7th CPC by the schedule date, by email ID surender.kumar[at]indiapost.gov.in.
Assistant Director General (PCC/GDS)
Source NFPE [click here]
Stay connected with us via Facebook, Google+ or Email Subscription.
Subscribe to Central Government Employee News & Tools by Email [Click Here]
Follow us: Twitter [click here] | Facebook [click here] | Google+ [click here]