SPARROW: Alerts feature in System of Recording of APAR i.r.o. CSS/CSSS
F No.22-10/2018-CS 1(APAR)
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
Department of Personnel & Training
2nd Floor, A-Wing, Lok Nayak Bhawan
Khan Market, New Delhi-3
New Delhi; the 29th November, 2018.
Subject: Recording of Annual Performance Appraisal Report (APAR) for the financial year 2017-18 in respect of CSS/CSSS officers - ‘Alert' regarding.
Online system for recording of APARs on SPARROW web portal has been introduced in CSS from the financial year 2015-16. Initially, it was implemented for Deputy Secretary and above level officers in CSS and equivalent levels in CSSS w.e.f. the financial year 2015-16. From the financial year 2016-17, SPARROW has been extended from Under Secretary and above levels in CSS and equivalent levels in CSSS. As per Estt. Division’s OM. dated 23.07.2009 time schedule for completion of various activities relating to PARs are as under:
|Sl. No.||Activity||Prescribed timelines|
|1||Submission of self-appraisal PAR to the Reporting Officer by the Officer to be Reported Upon (ORU)||15th April|
|2||Submission of report by Reporting Officer to Reviewing Officer||30th June|
|3||Report to be completed by Reviewing Officer and to be sent to Admn.||31st July|
2. Keeping in view the difficulties faced by Nodal Officers in the Ministries/Departments and also the individual officers, it was decided to extend the timelines for completion of APARs online on SPARROW web portal for the financial year 2017-18 as under:-
|Sl. No.||Activity||Extended timelines for the FY 2017-18|
|1||Submission of self-appraisal PAR by ORU to the Reporting Officer||31st July, 2018|
|2||Forwarding of report by Reporting Officer to Reviewing Officer||16th August, 2018|
|3||Forwarding of report by Reviewing Officer to Administration/ APAR Cell||31st August, 2018|
3 The progress made towards generation and completion of online APARs on SPARROW system for the financial year 2017-18 is being constantly monitored in this Department. It has been observed that as on 367 APARs are pending with ORUs, 404 APARs are pending with Reporting Officers and 445 APARs are pending with the Reviewing Officers. Apart from the above, a total number of 503 APARs are pending at different stages for disclosure/closure. It is note-worthy that the timelines including extended timelines for writing of APARs for the financial year 2017-18 have been over on 31.8.2018. As per the instructions contained in OM of even number dated 24.07.2018, the entire exercise for writing of APARs in respect of CSS/CSSS officers, for the financial year 2017-18 will be closed on 31.12. 2018.
4. In the meantime, a new feature for sending ‘alerts’ in the SPARROW web portal has been developed by the NIC (SPARROW Division) to remind the officers to complete their APAR activities on SPARROW.
5. Keeping in view the overall progress made in completion of APARs on SPARROW, the Ministries/Departments are advised to take the following actions for timely completion of APARs on SPARROW for the financial year 2017-18, before it is finally closed on 31.12.2018.
(i) All the Ministries/Departments may send ‘alerts’ to all the officers to complete the APARs lying in their ‘inboxes’. The facility for sending ‘alerts’ are available in the revised version of ‘SPARROW’.
(ii) The PARs in respect of ORUs who have still not submitted their PARS to their Reporting Officers, may be given a final chance to submit their self-appraisal to their respective Reporting Officers within 15 days from the date of issue of this OM. Thereafter, their APARs may be force-forwarded to their next level i.e. the Reporting Officer.
(iii) The Nodal officers are advised to devise a mechanism to monitor progress of completion of APARs for the financial year 2017-18 including disclosure and consideration of representation, if any by the stipulated date i.e. 31/12/2018.
(iv) It may be re-iterated that the end of entire APAR recording process on SPARROW for the financial year 2017-18 will be on 31.12.2018.
Under Secretary to the Govt of India
Joint Secretary (Admn./Estt.),
All Ministry/ Departments (CSS/CSSS).
- Deputy Secretary, CS.II, DoP&T, Lok Nayak Bhawan, New Delhi for information and necessary action in respect of CSSS cadre.
- Smt. Rachna Srivastava, Head e-office Division, NIC, CGO Complex, New Delhi.
- Shri Nirvesh Kumar, Sr. Scientist, e-office Division, NIC, Shastri Park, New Delhi.
- Shri Manu Garg, Sr. Scientist, NIC, DoPT, North Block, New Delhi.