Department of Personnel and Training (DOP&T) is a nodal agency of the Government of India for formulation and implementation of personnel polices as well as selection, placement and development of the human resources engaged in public service.
Functions of Department of Personnel & Training as per the Business of Allocation Rules:
- Recruitment for All India and Central Services through Civil Services Examination.
- Placement of Successful candidates to various Services/Cadres; Officers under Central Staffing Scheme.
- Cadre Management of Indian Administrative Service (IAS) and three Secretariat Services (CSS, CSSS, CSCS).
- Administrative vigilance – to oversee and provide necessary directions to the Government’s programme of maintaining discipline and eradicating corruption from public services.
- Formulation and implementation of the policy related to RTI.
- Formulation and implementations of policy of reservation in services under the Government of India.
- Welfare of Central Government Employees.
- Administrative Tribunals.
- Increasing the efficiency of public services along with the well-being of the employees through Joint Consultative Machinery.
- Capacity Building/Training.
- Framing personnel policies in respect of various service matters applicable to the Central Government employees.
Latest DOPT Orders/Office Memorandum/Notification:-