Will DA announced today? – In last post we have discussed about reasons for delay in DA announcement. This post is checking the possibility of early announcement of DA:-
All are waiting for announcement of DA, which should be announced by Govt in last week of March,2013. Till date no any reason or logic for delay in announcement has been constituted by any authority. Today is Thursday and the question is raised that whether Cabinet meeting will hold or not; but no any information available in this regard. As usual decision of enhancement in dearness allowance has been taken in meeting of Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs. The composition of this committee is given below:
Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs – Composition
- Prime Minister.
- Shri A.K. Antony, Minister of Defence.
- Shri Sharad Pawar, Minister of Agriculture and Minister of Food Processing Industries.
- Shri P. Chidambaram, Minister of Finance.
- Shri Ghulam Nabi Azad, Minister of Health and Family Welfare.
- Shri M. Veerappa Moily, Minister of Petroleum and Natural Gas.
- Shri S. Jaipal Reddy, Minister of Science and Technology, and Minister of Earth Sciences.
- Shri Kamal Nath, Minister of Urban Development, and Minister of Parliamentary Affairs.
- Shri Ajit Singh, Minister of Civil Aviation.
- Shri Kapil Sibal, Minister of Communications and Information Technology.
- Shri Anand Sharma, Minister of Commerce and Industry and Minister of Textiles.
- Shri C.P. Joshi, Minister of Road Transport and Highways.
- Shri Pawan Kumar Bansal, Minister of Railways.
- Shri Jairam Ramesh, Minister of Rural Development.
- Shri Montek Singh Ahluwalia, Deputy Chairman, Planning Commission.
- Prof. K.V. Thomas, Minister of State (Independent Charge) of the Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution.
- Shri Manish Tewari, Minister of State (Independent Charge) of the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting. [source: http://cabsec.nic.in/showpdf.php?type=council_cabinet_committees]
In last month from 25th March to 29th March our Prime Minister was on visit to South Africa with other ministers. In first week of April i.e. from 1st to 3rd April the Finance Minister was on visit to Japan. That time on 2nd April the Cabinet Meeting was held in Chairmanship of Prime Minister and decision of hike in dearness allowance was deferred in absence of Finance Minister [click here to see]. Now this time Prime Minister is not in country and there is no any news of any Cabinet Meeting for today in media. If hike in DA is strictly depends on Cabinet Meeting and Cabinet Meeting will not hold in absence of PM then announcement of DA will be delayed.
Now staff Unions are started to insist to govt. to immediate announcement of DA [see AIRF letter to FM] hope of immediate action in this regard is alive. In order to deal with abnormal price rise govt employee have no other option than expecting dearness allowance to be increased. Again let us hope it will be announced very shortly.
Stay connected with us via Facebook, Google+ or Email Subscription.