PCoA (Fys) Kolkata
Sub: Instructions regarding maintenance of workbook, registers, files etc
During the course of inspection by FIQrs office, it has come to notice that files and important documents like workbook, registers etc. are not being maintained properly in the office/sections. In this regard the following guidelines may strictly be adhered to:
- Papers required to be filed will be punched neatly on their left hand top corner and tagged on the appropriate part of the file in chronological order.
- Both ‘notes portion` and ‘correspondence portion’ will be placed in a single file cover.
- Earlier communications referred to in the letters etc. received or proposed to be issued, will be indicated in pen by giving their position on the file
- When ‘notes’ plus the ‘correspondence’ portion of a file become bulky (say exceed 200 pages), it will be stitched and marked ‘Vol-II. Further papers on the subject will be added to the new volume of the same file, which will be marked as ‘Vol-II’ and so on.
- Every page in each file (Viz. notes, correspondence, appendix to notes and appendix to correspondence) will be consecutively page numbered on the right top corner.
- The number of the file referred to will be quoted invariably in the body of the note and the relevant page numbers will be indicated on the margin.
- Use of flags within the file should be completely avoided and only page numbers should be mentioned for referencing/ cross referencing.
a) Work Books – Para 497 of OM Part-I
b) Reminder Chart – Para 498 of OM Part-I
c) Registers – Para 505 of OM Part-I
Hence it is enjoined upon all to issue instructions for strict compliance.