Press Information Bureau
Government of India
Ministry of Railways
08-August-2013 15:43 IST
Ticketing Through Non-Internet Based Mobile Phones
A pilot project of ticketing through non-internet based mobile phones has been launched by IRCTC on Ist July 2013. The salient features of the scheme are as follows:-
- There is no need of internet at any stage, viz. booking, payment, cancellation etc.
- The user gets ticket details Short Messaging Service (SMS) instantly.
- SMS along with Photo Identity Card in original can be used to travel, no printout of the ticket is required.
- Publication in leading newspapers.
- Distribution of brochures about SMS booking.
- Sending details of the scheme through e-mail to all registered users of IRCTC.
- Display of message on the website of IRCTC.
This information was given by the Minister of State for Railways Shri Adhir Ranjan Chowdhury in written reply to a question in Lok Sabha today.