Seeking Nominations/applications for the National Child Awards for Exceptional Achievement – Last Date 31st Aug, 2016
Government of lndia
Ministry of Women and Child Development
Shastri Bhawan, New Delhi-110001
Dated: 17 05.2016
Subject: Seeking Nominations/applications for the National Child Awards for Exceptional achievement – reg.
The undersigned is directed to say that this Ministry has instituted National Child Awards for Exceptional achievement, to give due recognition to children with exceptional abilities and who have achieved outstanding status in various fields including academics, arts, culture, design and sports etc. A copy of the guidelines is enclosed. The salient features of the award is given below
(1) National Child Awards for Exceptional achievement 2016
The award is to be given to the children with excellence in the field of (i) Innovation in any field including design, (ii) Scholastic achievements at National level (e.g. first position in mathematics in two successive years, (iii) Sports, (iv) Arts, (v) Culture, (vi) Social Service, (vii) Music, (viii) Any other field which deserves recognition as per the decision of the Central/National Selection Committee. Children residing in India of or above the age of 5 years and not exceeding 18 years (as on 31st July of respective years) are eligible. There will be 36 National Awards (equivalent to the number of States/UTs). There will be one gold medal, a cash prize of Rs. 20,000/-, Book vouchers of Rs. 10,000/- , a certificate and a citation and 35 silver medals, a cash prize of Rs. 10,000/- each, book vouchers of Rs. 3,000/- each, a certificate and a citation will be given. However, not more than two candidates shall be awarded from one State/UT under this scheme. The last date for receipt of
applications/ nominations is 31.08.2016.
2. You are requested to forward nominations/applications from your Ministry/Department of suitable children in the proforma for the above mentioned awards to this Ministry.
3. You are requested to to the time limit mentioned in the awards so as to enable this ministry to make timely selections for conferment of awards.
Under Secretary to the Government of India
NATIONAL CHILD AWARD FOR EXCEPTIONAL ACHIEVEMENT
The Government of India from time to time has been instituting awards for individuals and organizations who have done outstanding work for the welfare and development of children.
2. The Ministry instituted the Awards in 1996 to give recognition to children with exceptional abilities and who have achieved outstanding status in various fields including academics, arts, culture, design and sports etc. The revised guidelines are as follows
3. The Award will be known as “NATIONAL CHILD AWARD FOR EXCEPTIONAL ACHIEVEMENT”. The achievement should be recognized/sponsored by an independent agency/authority in the concerned field. The achievement should not be one-off, but carried out over a period of time. There should be some indication that the child can continue with the activity for some time.
4. ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
(a) Children residing in India of or above the age of (+5) years and not exceeding 18 years (as on 31st July of respective year).
(b) Excellence in any one of the following fields
(Achievements that benefit society will be encouraged)
(i) Innovation in any field including design.
(ii) Scholastic achievements at national level (e. g. first position in mathematics in two successive years)
(v) Social service
(viii) Any other field which deserves recognition as per the decision of the Central/National Selection Committee.
5. THE AWARD
There will be 36 National Awards for the child with exceptional achievement i.e. one gold and 35 silver (equivalent to the number of States/UTs in the country). However, not more than two candidates shall be awarded from one State/U T. The Awards for the child with exceptional achievement shall consist of:-
A. Gold Medal (20 grams) 1 (One)
- Gold Medal – (20 grams),
- Award money of Rs. 20,000/~ (Rupees twenty thousand only),
- Book vouchers of Rs. 10,000/- (Rupees ten thousand only),
- A certificate and a citation.
B. Silver Medals (50 grams each) – 35 (Thirty five)
- Silver Medal (50 grams) for each awardee,
- Award money @ Rs. 10,000/- for each awardee,
- Book vouchers of Rs. 3,000/- (Rupees three thousand only),
- A certificate and a citation.
The Child will receive the Award personally.
6. SELECTION COMMITTEE
A Central/National Selection Committee will make the selection out of the cases recommended by various bodies. The composition of the Selection Committee shall be as under:
1. Minister In-charge of Ministry Women & Child Development – Chairperson
2. Secretary, Ministry of Women & Child Deve1opment – Member
3. Secretary or his nominee in the M/o Social Justice & Empowerment – Member
4. Secretary or his nominee in the Dept. of School Education & Literacy- Member
5. Secretary or his nominee in the Dept. of Culture – Member
6. Secretary or his nominee in the Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports – Member
7. Secretary or his nominee in the Ministry of Science & Technology Member
8. Joint Secretary (Child Welfare), Ministry of Women & Child Development .Member Secretary
7. RECOMMENDING AUTHORITIES
The application should be recommended by State Government/U T Administrations, Central Ministries/Departments/PSUs/Autonomous Bodies/ Statutory Organizations of the Government of India, Principal of School and reputed voluntary organizations working in the field of Child Welfare & Protection.
Recommendations will include the photograph of the child, the names of the parent(s), Aadhar number and full contact details. Related achievements may be judged from bio-data and other related materials and photographs submitted by the applicant. Special consideration may be given to the physical/ mental standard of the candidates while selecting. They should include a short (not more than 75 words) write-up on why the recommending authority feels that the child is eligible and suitable for an award.
8. DATE OF RECEIPT OF RECOMMENDATION
Particulars of the child recommended for the award should be furnished in the Proforma given at Annexure. Recommendation received after 31St August may not be considered by the Selection Committee.
The Central Selection Committee shall finalise their recommendations by 30th September every year.
State Governments/UT Administrations may release suitable advertisement in the local newspapers well in advance and incentives in the form of Appreciation Certificate may be considered for the NGOs for searching best entries. Special mention may be made in the meetings about the National Award scheme and the facilities to be provided to participants.
10. Date of Award
The Awards will be announced on 14th November each year and will be given away in New Delhi on a convenient date.
11. Arrangements for the Award
Arrangements for the lodging and boarding of the awardees shall be made by the Ministry of Women and Child Development. The Awardees as also his/her parents or guardians (maximum two numbers excluding awardee) will be reimbursed AC-2 Tier Railway fare or actual expenses incurred on this account, whichever is less. Local awardees will be entitled for local transport as per Government Rules as may be amended from time to time.
Source/View/Download: www.persmin.nic.in [click here]