All India General Strike by Central Trade Unions – 2nd September, 2016
The General Secretaries of
National Federation of Indian Railwaymen
NO. IV/NIFIR/INTUC/Corres/Part I
Dated : 02/08/2016
The General Secretaries of
Affiliated Unions of NFIR
Sub: All India General Strike by Central Trade Unions – 2nd September, 2016 – reg.
The INTUC and other Central Trade Unions in the country have decided to go on One Day General Strike on 2nd September 2016 on 12 Points Charter of Demands submitted to the Central Government as below:-
1. Urgent measures for containing price rise through universalization of public distribution system and banning speculative trade in commodity market.
2. Containing unemployment through concrete measures for employment generation.
3. Strict enforcement of all basic labour laws without any exception or exemption and stringent punitive measures for violation of labour laws.
4. Universal social security cover for all workers.
5. Minimum wage of not less than Rs. 18000/- per month with provisions of indexation (for unskilled worker).
6. Assured enhanced pension not less than 3000 p.m. for the entire working population (including unorganized sector workers).
7. Stoppage of disinvestment in Central/state Public Sector undertakings.
8. Stoppage of contractorisation in permanent/perennial work and payment of same wage and benefits for contract workers as that of regular workers for the same and similar work.
9. Removal of all ceilings on payment and eligibility of bonus, provident fund and increase in quantum of gratuity.
10. Compulsory registration of Trade Unions within a period of 45 days from the date of submitting application and immediate ratification of ILO conventions C-87 and C-98.
11. No. FDI in Railways, Defence and other strategic sectors.
12. No unilateral amendment to labour laws.
In support of one day General Strike, the NFIR affiliates are called upon “to hold demonstrations and rallies throughout the lndian Railways” on 2nd September 2016. A report in this regard should be sent to the Federation latest by 7th September 2016.
Source : NFIR
All unions are trash ,
This is the big blunder committed by the union without any forethought. But this is not the time to show vengeance. Even though the leaders failed to convince the staff about their sudden volte face they had to somehow bow to the pressure from the govt. Now one month has elapsed still the high level committee remains to be formed. Let the leaders be given one more chance to act and let us make the September strike a success.
I am (D.UDAY KUMAR,Working in dept of posts) not going to participate in the strike along with my colleagues nearly 60 members in kurnool unit. This is because of the Union leaders in the NJAC who,diluted the indefinite strike (July 11th,2016) with out informing even to a single member of any union. If your are responsible to us,then we will also obey your words. Other wise WHY SHOULD WE???????????