7th CPC Pay and Allowances to Officers & Employees of Supreme Court of India: Notification
SUPREME COURT OF INDIA
New Delhi, the 21, September 2017
No. F. 6/2016-SCA(I).—The Seventh Central Pay Commission (Commission) was set up by the Government of India vide Resolution No.1/1/2013-E.III (A), dated the 28th February, 2014. The Terms of Reference of the Commission also includes the Officers and Employees of the Supreme Court. The period for submission of report by the Commission was extended up to 31st December, 2015 vide Resolution No.1/1/2013-E.III(A), dated the 8th September, 2015. The Commission, on 19th November, 2015, submitted its Report on the matters covered in its Terms of Reference as specified in the aforesaid Resolution dated the 28th February, 2014.
2. The Government, vide Para 7 of the Resolution No.1-2/2016-IC, dated 25th July, 2016, decided to refer the allowances (except Dearness Allowance) to the Committee on Allowances (the Committee). As the recommendations on Allowances (except Dearness Allowance) were referred by the Government to the Committee, the Chief Justice of India vide Para 7 of the Resolution No. F.6/2016-SCA(I) dated 23rd September, 2016 decided that till a final decision on Allowances is taken based on the recommendations of the said Committee, all Allowances will continue to be paid to Supreme Court Officers and Employees at existing rates in existing pay structure, as if the pay had not been revised with effect from 1st day of January, 2016.
3. The said Committee submitted its Report on 27th April, 2017. The Government vide Resolution No.11-1/2016- IC dated 6th July, 2017 decided to accept the recommendations of the Commission on allowances with 34 modifications and the decision of the Government on the recommendations of the Commission on allowances is contained in the said Resolution
4. The Chief Justice of India, after consideration, has decided to accept the recommendations of the Commission on allowances with certain modifications as approved by the Government of India as specified in the Annexure to this Resolution.
5. Deputation (Duty) Allowance for Civilians, Leave Travel Concession (LTC) and Overtime Allowance (OTA) be kept in abeyance till orders are issued by DoPT. Newspaper Allowance be kept in abeyance till orders are issued.
6. In respect of Washing Allowance which has since been abolished and subsumed in a newly proposed Dress Allowance, Department of Expenditure has advised that Dress Allowance be paid @ Rs.5000/- p.a. and Rs.10000/- p.a. to class III and IV and higher level officers respectively. On direction, the matter is remitted back to Government for reconsideration and deferred till the decision on Judicial side (I.A. No. 19 of 2016 in WP(C) No.801/1986 pending before Supreme Court).
7. The revised rates of allowances shall be admissible with effect from the 1st July, 2017.
By Order and under the authority of Chief Justice of India
Statement showing the recommendations of the Seventh Central Pay Commission on Allowances and the decision of Chief Justice of India thereon
|Name of the Allowance||Recommendations of the 7th CPC||Decision of the Chief
Justice of India
|Briefcase Allowance||Retained. Status quo to be maintained.||Accepted. Status quo be maintained|
|Cash Handling Allowance||Abolished||Subsumed in Cash Handling and Treasury Allowance and
rates revised as under : (in Rs., per month)
|Children Education Allowance (CEA)||Retained. Procedure of payment simplified.||Accepted|
|Conveyance Allowance||Retained. Status quo to be maintained||Accepted. Status quo be maintained.|
|Daily Allowance||Retained. Rationalized.||Travelling Charges for Level – 12–13 revised from
‘Non-AC Taxi charges up to 50 km to ‘AC taxi charges upto 50 Kms.’ and
for level 14 and above to be revised from ‘AC Taxi charges up to 50 km’
to ‘AC taxi charges as per actual expenditure commensurate with official
|Daily Allowance on Foreign Travel||Retained. Status quo to be maintained.||Accepted. Status quo be maintained|
|Family Planning Allowance||Abolished||Accepted|
|House Rent Allowance (HRA)||Retained. Rationalized by factor of 0.8.||The recommendations of the 7th CPC is
accepted with the following modifications :
(i) HRA shall not be less than Rs.5,400 per month, Rs.
(ii) HRA shall be revised to 27%, 18% and 9% of Basic Pay in X, Y and Z
|Orderly Allowance||Retained. Status quo to be maintained||Accepted|
|Subsistence Allowance||Retained. Status quo to be maintained.||Accepted. Status quo be maintained|
|Sumptuary Allowance to Judicial Officers in Supreme
|Abolished||Government to reconsider the decision and till the
Government takes a decision, no payment shall be made.Separate
communication will be issued by the Ministry.
|TA for Retiring Employees||Retained. Rationalized.||Accepted|
|TA on Transfer||Retained. Rationalized.||Accepted|
|Transport Allowance (TPTA)||Retained. Rationalized.||Accepted|
|Travelling Allowance||Retained. Rationalized.||Level 6 to 8 of Pay Matrix to be entitled for Air