Assistant Professor of Psychiatric Social Work (Group A Post) Recruitment Rules, 2020 – Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Central Institute of Psychiatry, Kanke, Ranchi.
MINISTRY OF HEALTH AND FAMILY WELFARE
New Delhi, the 13th November, 2020
G.S.R. 716(E).—In exercise of the powers conferred by the proviso to article 309 of the Constitution and in supersession of the Central Institute of Psychiatry, Ranchi (Assistant Professor of Psychiatric Social Work) Recruitment Rules, 1990 except as respects things done or omitted to be done before such supersession, the President hereby makes the following rules regulating the method of recruitment to the post of Assistant Professor of Psychiatric Social Work in the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Central Institute of Psychiatry, Kanke, Ranchi, namely:-
1. Short title and commencement.- (1) These rules may be called the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Central Institute of Psychiatry, Kanke, Ranchi, Assistant Professor of Psychiatric Social Work (Group ‘A’ Post) Recruitment Rules, 2020.
(2) They shall come into force on the date of their publication in the Official Gazette.
2. Number of post, classification and level in pay matrix.– The number of the said post, its classification and level in the pay matrix attached thereto shall be as specified in columns (2) to (4) of the Schedule annexed to these rules.
3. Method of recruitment, age-limit, qualifications, etc.- The method of recruitment, age-limit, qualifications and other matters relating to the said post shall be as specified in columns (5) to (13) of the said Schedule.
4. Disqualification.– No person,-
(a) who has entered into or contracted a marriage with any person having a spouse living; or
(b) who, having a spouse living, has entered into or contracted a marriage with any person, shall be eligible for appointment to the said post:
Provided that the Central Government may, if satisfied that such marriage is permissible under the personal law applicable to such person and the other party to the marriage and that there are other grounds for so doing, exempt any person from the operation of this rule.
5. Power to relax.- Where the Central Government is of the opinion that it is necessary or expedient so to do, it may, by order and for reasons to be recorded in writing in consultation with the Union Public Service Commission, relax any of the provisions of these rules with respect to any class or category of persons.
6. Saving.- Nothing in these rules shall affect reservation, relaxation of age-limit and other concessions required to be provided for the Scheduled Castes, the Scheduled Tribes, the Other Backward Classes, the Ex- servicemen and other special categories of persons in accordance with the orders issued by the Central Government from time to time in this regard.
|Name of post.||Number of post.||Classification.||Level in pay matrix.||Whether selection post or non- selection post.|
|Assistant Professor of Psychiatric Social Work.||2* (2020 )
* Subject to variation dependent on workload.
|General Central Service, Group ‘A’, Gazetted, Non- Ministerial.||Level 10 in the pay matrix.
(Rs. 56100 –177500).
|Age-limit for direct recruits.||Educational and other qualifications required for direct recruits.||Whether age and educational qualifications prescribed for direct recruits will apply in the case of promotees.||Period of probation, if any.||Method of recruitment whether by direct recruitment or by promotion or by deputation/absorption and percentage of the vacancies to be filled by various methods.|
|Not exceeding thirty-five years of age.
Relaxable for Government servants upto the age of forty years in case of general candidates and upto the age of forty-five years in the case of candidates belonging to the Scheduled Castes and the Scheduled Tribes in accordance with the instructions or orders issued by the Central Government from time to time.
Note 1: The crucial date for determining the age-limit shall be the closing date for receipt of applications from candidates and not the closing date prescribed for those in Assam, Meghalaya, Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, Manipur, Nagaland, Tripura, Sikkim, Lahaul and Spiti District and Pangi Sub-Division of Chamba District of Himachal Pradesh and the Union territories of Ladakh, Andaman and Nicobar Islands and Lakshadweep.
1. Master degree in Social work or Sociology or Applied Sociology from a recognised University or institution.
2. M.Phil in Psychiatric Social Work from a recognised University or institution.
3. Three years teaching and research experience as a Psychiatric Social Worker in a Mental Hospital, Child Guidance Clinic or Psychiatric Department of a General Hospital.
Desirable: Doctorate Degree in Social Work or Sociology or Applied Sociology from a recognised University or institution.
|Not applicable.||One year.||By direct recruitment.
Note 1: Vacancies caused by the incumbent being away on deputation or long illness or study leave or under other circumstances for a duration of one year or more may be filled up on deputation basis from officers of Central Government:-
(a) (i) holding analogous post on regular basis in the parent cadre or department; and
(b) possessing the qualifications and experience prescribed for direct recruits under column (7).
Note 2: Period of deputation including period of deputation in another Ex-cadre post held immediately preceding this appointment in the same or some other organisation or department of the Central Government shall ordinarily not exceed three years.
Note 3: The maximum age-limit for appointment by deputation shall be not exceeding fifty-six years as on the closing date of the receipt of applications.
|In case of recruitment by promotion or deputation or absorption, grades from which promotion or deputation or absorption to be made.||If a Departmental Promotion Committee exists, what is its composition.||Circumstances in which Union Public Service Commission to be consulted in making recruitment.|
|Not applicable.||Group ‘A’ Departmental Confirmation Committee (for considering confirmation) consisting of:-
1. Deputy Director General (Medical), Directorate General of Health Services – Chairman;
2. Director, Central Institute of Psychiatry, Ranchi – Member;
3. Director (Medical Education), Directorate General of Health Services – Member.
|Consultation with Union Public Service Commission is necessary.|
[F. No. A.11019/09/2020-ME]
NILAMBUJ SHARAN, Economic Adviser