Seeking pension related advice/clarification from Central Pension Accounting Office GOVERNMENT OF INDIA MINISTRY OF FINANCE DEPARTMENT OF EXPENDITU
Seeking pension related advice/clarification from Central Pension Accounting Office
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF FINANCE
DEPARTMENT OF EXPENDITURE
CENTRAL PENSION ACCOUNTING OFFICE
CPAO/IT & Tech/Clarification/13 Vol-IV/8481/2021-22/153
Subject: Seeking pension related advice/clarification from Central Pension Accounting Office-reg.
1. It has been observed that many PAOs under different Ministries/Departments are seeking advice/clarification on issues related to pension from Central Pension Accounting Office (CPAO) and not from the concerned nodal authorities responsible for formulation of rules/policies relating to pensioners i.e. DP&PW, M/o of Law and Justice, Freedom Fighter Division of MHA, etc. This is leading to unnecessary delays in obtaining advice/clarification and is ultimately causing hardship to the pensioners.
2. It is intimated that CPAO is not the authority to interpret the Policies/Rules formulated by various nodal departments relating to pension and other retirement benefits.
3. In view of the above, all Pr. CCAs/CCAs/CAs (with independent charge) of Ministries are requested to direct all Pay & Account Offices (PAOs) under their control to seek advice/clarification on pension related matters from the concerned nodal authority.
4. This issues with the approval of Chief Controller (Pensions)
(Assistant Controller of Accounts)
1. All Pr. CCAs/CCAs/CAs of Ministries
1. PS to CC (P), CPAO, New Delhi
2. PS to CA, CPAO, New Delhi
3. Sr.TD(NIC), CPAO, New Delhi
4. PA to ACA