Authorisation of pension/family pension and gratuity on retirement on superannuation of a Government servant and death while in service: Timelines for completion of various activities in the processing
No. TA-3-6/3/2020-TA-III /CS-4308/127
Ministry of Finance
Department of Expenditure
Office of Controller General of Accounts
Mahalekha Niyantrak Bhawan
E-Block, GPO Complex, INA, New Delhi ;
Subject: Timelines for completion of various activities in the process of authorisation of pension/family pension and gratuity on retirement on superannuation of a Government servant and death while in service.
Reference is invited to timeline prescribed for processing and payment of pension/family pension, gratuity and other retirement benefits prescribed under CCS (Pension) Rules and issued by DoP&PW and O/o CGA. It has been noticed that payment of retirement benefits is getting delayed in many cases and errors are also being reported in issuance of PPO.
2. In this regard, it is observed that PAO may receive number of pension/family pension cases where the pension forms are not properly filled and complete, particulars not furnished or authentication of HOO/DDO not given in the space provided, etc. These kinds of cases might have been returned to the concerned office for rectification / omissions which may result to delay in payment of pension/family pension. In this connection, it is advised that common errors noticed by PAO may be compiled and issued as internal guidelines. Accordingly, concerned HOO/DDOs may be advised to ensure due care while submitting pension/family pension cases to PAO so that pensioners/family pensioners get their dues well in time. PAOs may also be advised to fill all the columns of the PPO with due care.
3 It is further advised that, in case, delay is anticipated in payment of pension/family pension, gratuity to the beneficiary concerned, then sanctioning authority may sanction provisional pension/ family pension/gratuity to them, as per CCS (Pension) Rules,2021 so as to avoid hardship to the pensioner/family pensioner. In this matter, the provision enunciated under the Rule 65 of CCS (Pension) Rules, 2021 may be taken into account.
4. In view of above, all the Pr. CCAs/CCAs/CAs (/Cs) of the respective Ministries/Departments are requested to ensure that pension/family pension cases are processed within the prescribed timelines.
Dy. Controller General of Accounts
- All Pr. CCAs/CCAs/CAs (IC) of the Ministries/ Deptts. concerned.
- Joint CGA, GIFMIS, O/o CGA, Maha Lekha Niyantrak Bhawan, E-Block, GPO Complex, INA, New Delhi.
- CC(Pension), Central Pension Accounting Office (CPAO), Trikoot-II, Bhikaji Kama Place, New Delhi-110066.
Copy to: 1. PPS to Additional CGA (A&FR)
2. PS to Joint CGA(AR,PR)