Use of Prepaid Debit Card for Permanent Imprest and Contingent Advance: CGA, FinMin Order for notice of the all the Heads of Departments/Heads of Offices
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Expenditure
Office of the Controller General of Accounts
Mahalekha Niyantrak Bhawan
E-Block, GPO Complex, INA,
Dated:- 16 August 2023
Subject:- Guidelines for the use of Prepaid Debit Card for Permanent Imprest and Contingent Advance
A reference is invited to this office OM No. R/20001/1/2020-GBA-CGA/548-658 dated 14th July 2021 (copy enclosed) communicating guidelines for use of Prepaid Debit Cards to reduce Cash payments for incurring expenditure through the Permanent Imprest and Contingent advances sanctioned to designated officers.
2. In order to reduce cash payments and increase digital payments for Government transactions, all Ministries/Departments are once again requested to use Pre-paid debit cards for the Permanent Imprest and Continent advance, referred OM ibid. The guidelines may be brought to the notice of the all the Heads of Departments/Heads of Offices for information and necessary action at their end.
3. Pr. CCAs/CCAs/CAs (independent charge) are also requested to share compliance report/feedback on the use of the Prepaid Debit Cards in their Ministries/Department.
Deputy Controller General of Accounts (GBA)
Encl. as above
1. All the Pr. CCAs/CCAs/CAs (independent charge) of all the Ministries/Departments
2. Finance Secretaries of all UTs
3. Sr. Accounts Officer (ITD) with a request to upload this O.M on CGA’s website.