SPECTACULAR SUCCESS OF TWO-DAYS STRIKE BY C.G.EMPLOYEES ALONGWITH WORKING CLASS OF INDIA
10 reasons why workers are on a two-day strike
Major trade unions began a two-day strike on Wednesday to protest high inflation, fuel price increase and what they say are violations of labour laws. The strike called by 11 major trade unions severely impacted banking services and crippled public transport in cities. Trade unionists said 10 crore workers will be taking part in the strike. Industry body Assocham estimates the strike to cause a productivity loss of around Rs. 15,000-20,000 crore.
Below is the 10 points charter of demands of the Central Trade unions:
- Concrete measures to contain price rise.
- Concrete measures for employment generation.
- Strict enforcement of labour laws.
- Universal social security cover for organized and unorganized workers and creation of National Social Security Fund.
- Stoppage of disinvestment in central and state PSUs / undertakings.
- No contractorisation of work of permanent / perennial nature and payment of wages and benefits to the contract workers at the same rate as available to the regular workers of the industry / establishment.
- Amendment of Minimum Wages Act to ensure universal coverage irrespective of the schedules and fixation of statutory minimum wage at not less than Rs. 10, 000 linked with cost price index.
- Remove all ceilings on payment and eligibility of bonus, provident fund; increase the quantum of gratuity.
- Assured Pension for all.
- Compulsory registration of trade unions within a period of 45 days and immediate ratification of the ILO Conventions Numbers 87 and 98.
Stay connected with us via Facebook, Google+ or Email Subscription.