Skill Development Programme to Retired Defence Personnel
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF DEFENCE
UNSTARRED QUESTION NO: 2495
ANSWERED ON: 11.03.2016
Skill Development Programme to Retired Defence Personnel
KUNWAR HARIBANSH SINGH
GAJANAN CHANDRAKANT KIRTIKAR
SHRIKANT EKNATH SHINDE
VINAYAK BHAURAO RAUT
VIJAY KUMAR S.R.
SUNIL KUMAR MONDAL
ASHOK SHANKARRAO CHAVAN
Will the Minister of DEFENCE be pleased to state:-
(a) the approximate number of defence personnel retired or are released every year in the country;
(b) the details of various schemes being implemented by the Government for rehabilitation of retired defence personnel;
(c) whether the Government has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with National Skill Development Corporation / Skill Development Network Trust for collaboration on Technical and Programme Management Support to retired defence personnel in the country;
(d) if so, the details thereof and the main features of MoU;
(e) the number of ex-servicemen to be trained for gainful employment; and
(f) the other steps taken / being taken by the Government to provide gainful employment to ex-servicemen in the country?
MINISTER OF STATE (RAO INDERJIT SINGH) IN THE MINISTRY OF DEFENCE
(a) Approximately, 55,000 personnel retire annually from the armed forces.
(b) The details of various schemes being implemented by the government for rehabilitation of retired defence personnel are at Annexure.
(c) Yes, Madam. Ministry of Defence (MoD) has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Skill Development Network (SDN) Trust on 19th February, 2016 for providing Programme Management Support in implementation of Skill Development Programmes of the Ministry of Defence in India.
(d) SDN Trust will provide the programme management support to MoD in successful roll out of National Skill Qualification Framework (NSQF) complaint training programmes to Ex-Servicemen (ESM), Skill Development Programmes of Ordnance Factory Boards, Defence Public Sector Undertakings and implementation of vocational education programmes in schools run by Defence Forces.
SDN Trust’s Programme Management Support includes the Teacher Training, e-content training of ESM, training of other beneficiaries, technology platform etc. for leveraging the MoD funding towards Skill and Entrepreneurship Development initiatives and schemes.
(e) Number of ESM to be trained for providing gainful employment is approximately 3,00,000 ESM and their wards ion five years starting from financial year 2015-16.
(f) Steps taken / being taken to provide gainful employment to ex-servicemen are:-
(i) Dissemination of information on Directorate General Resettlement (DGR) website regarding Open Competitive Examination for various posts, dates and syllabus etc.
(ii) Signing of Memorandum of Understanding with Confederation of Indian Industries (CII) to arrange job fairs by Corporate Sectors to provide additional employment opportunities to ESM.
(iii) Hosting of job portal by DGR wherein ESM can upload their Bio-data and corporate / other sectors can approach them and pick as per their requirement.
(iv) Organize ESM Job Fairs Pan India to provide an interface between Corporate & ESM.
(v) Regular interaction with corporate houses to generate entrepreneur / employment opportunities for ESM.
(vi) Provision of entrepreneurship of opportunities to ESM through the corporate bodies like TATA Motors, AMAZON.com etc.
ANNEXURE IN RESPECT OF REPLY GIVEN IN PART (b) OF LOK SABHA
UNSTARRED QUESTION NO. 2495 FOR ANSWER ON 11.3.2016
(i) Officers’ Training:
- 24 Weeks Management Courses at IIMs and other reputed B-Schools
- Modular management courses like Project Finance, Academic Institutions, Supply Chain, Retail, Six Sigma, Seafaring etc.
- Newly introduced courses for 2015-16 like Strategic Retail Management, Human Resource Management(HRM), Facility, Transition, Export and Import, Event Management etc., Corporate Social Responsibility and Jet Transition.
(ii) Junior Commissioned Officers (JCOs)/Other (OR) and Equivalents’ Training at Institutes:
- Security, Fire & Industrial Safety, Computer & Information Technology including ‘O’ Level, Hospitality, Tourism, Agriculture based, Business Management, Modular Management, Vocational & Technical, Medical & Healthcare, Library & Information Science, Legal Assistant etc.
- Newly introduced courses for 2015-16 like Logistics & Transport Management, Retailing & Showroom, Corporate Office, Material Management, Marine Engineering etc.
(iii) Courses at Regimental Centres:
- At least two courses are planned every month at all the Regimental Centres to provide variety of courses to the retirees on pension drill.
(i) Reservation in Government Jobs:
The Central Government has provided for the following reservation for ESM for vacancies in the posts to be filled by direct recruitment:-
- 10% in Group ‘C’ posts and 20% in Group ‘D’ posts. In addition 4.5% reservation in each category in meant for Disabled Soldiers and Widows/ Dependents.
- 14.5% in Group ‘C’ and 24.5% Group ‘D’ posts in Public Sector Undertakings and Nationalized Banks.
- 10% posts upto Assistant Commandants in Paramilitary Forces.
- 100 % in Defence Security Corps.
(ii) Placement Assistance through DGR:
Directorate General Resettlement (DGR) sponsors Ex-Servicemen (Officers) to various Government organizations, Public Sector Undertakings, Corporate Houses, Private Sector, Central Para Military Forces etc. based on their requisition for re-employment of ESM. The DGR sponsored ESM are reemployed by the requisitioning agencies after due process of selection by them.
(iii) DGR sponsored security schemes:
SCHEMES OF SELF EMPLOYMENT
(i) Schemes for Officers only:
- ESM Coal Loading and Transportation Scheme.
- Allotment of Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited /Indian Oil Corporation Limited, Company Owned Company Operated Outlets PAN India.
- Management of CNG Station by Ex-Servicemen (O) in National Capital Region.
(ii) Schemes for all:
- Coal Tipper Attachment Scheme.
- Allotment of Army Surplus Vehicles.
- Allotment of Regular LPG Distributorship Scheme under ‘Government Personnel’Category.
- Allotment of Oil Product Agencies Under 8 % Defence Quota.
- Allotment of LPG Agency Under Rajiv Gandhi Gramin LPG Vitran Yojna.
(iii) Schemes for JCOs/OR Only:
- Allotment of Mother Dairy Milk Booths and Fruit & Vegetable (SAFAL) Shops in NCR.
- Allotment of Milk Shops of Gopaljee Dairy Pvt. Ltd. in Delhi/Noida.
- Allotment of KIOSKS/Retail outlet of Gopaljee Farm Fresh in Faridabad/NCR.
(iv) Tool Kits are provided to Ex-Servicemen technicians.
Stay connected with us via Facebook, Google+ or Email Subscription.