Gazetted Holiday on 14th April, 2019 – Birthday of Dr. B.R. Ambedkar: DoPT OM
F. No.12/6/ 2016-JCA-2
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
(Department of Personnel & Training)
Establishment (JCA-2) Section
North Block, New Delhi
Dated the 15th March, 2019.
Subject: Declaration of Holiday on 14th April, 2019 – Birthday of Dr. B.R. Ambedkar.
It has been decided to declare Sunday, the 14th April 2019, as a public holiday on account of the birthday of Dr. B. R. Ambedkar, for all Central Government Offices including Industrial Establishments throughout India by invoking the powers under Section 25 of Negotiable Instruments Act, 1881.
2. All Ministries/ Departments of Government of India may bring the above decision to the notice of all concerned.
Deputy Secretary to the Govt. of India
- All Ministries/ Departments of the Government of India.
- UPSC / CVC/C&AG / National Commission for Linguistic Minorities / National Commission for Scheduled Castes/ National Commission for Scheduled Tribes/ National Commission for Minorities/ President’s Secretariat / Vice President’s Secretariat/Supreme Court / High Court / Central Administrative Tribunal / Central Information Commission/ Prime Minister’s Office / Cabinet Secretariat / Election Commission of India / National Human Rights Commission / National Commission for Women/ National Commission for Backward Classes/ Niti Ayog / Lok Sabha Secretariat/ Rajya Sabha Secretariat.
- All Sections / Officers in the Ministry of Personnel, PG & Pensions
- All attached Offices / Subordinate Offices / Autonomous bodies of Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions.
- Secretary, Staff Side, National Council (JCM), 13-C Ferozeshah Road, New Delhi (with 10 spare copies)
- Reserve Bank of India, Parliament Street, New Delhi.
- Chairman / Secretaries, Central Government Employee Welfare Coordination Committees.
- PIO, PIB, Shastri Bhavan, New Delhi, with the request that necessary publicity may be given in this regard.
- Facilitation Centre, DOP&T (20 copies)
- NIC (DOP&T) with the request to place this O.M. on the Website of DOPT (www.persmin.nic.in)