GeM : Procurement of Goods / Services through Government e-Marketplace
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Expenditure
Procurement Policy Division
512, Lok Nayak Bhawan,
New Delhi Dated the 23 January, 2020.
Subject: Procurement of Goods / Services through Government e-Marketplace (GeM).
Rule 149 of GFR states that procurement of common use goods and services by Ministries or Departments will be mandatory for Goods or Services available on GeM. Further amendment dated 02.04.2019 of GFR Rule 150 provides that for goods and services not available on GeM, Head of Ministry/ Department may also register suppliers of Goods and Services. Such registered suppliers should be boarded on GeM as and when the item or service gets listed on GeM.
2. As per the instructions contained in OM No.F.18/3/2017-PPD dated 25.07.2017 by Department of Expenditure, it has been clearly stipulated that while publishing any Bid for procurement through Central Public Procurement Portal (CPPP), procuring entities are required to give an undertaking that category of goods/ services being tendered/ procured is not available on GeM and they have no objection in providing this information for making available such products/ services in GeM.
3. In view of the above provisions of GFR, the procurement of common use goods and services by Ministries or Departments through GeM is mandatory for Goods or Services for which product/service categories are available on GeM.
4. In order to effectively implement the above provisions, a functionality for generating “GeM Availability Report & Past Transaction Summary” is being made available on GeM. This would greatly help and benefit the Buyers and Competent Authorities in taking informed procurement decisions in respect of availability of a product/service on GeM along-with necessary details relating to past transaction summary.
5. With effect from 01.07.2020, when the above functionality will be deployed on GeM, it will be mandatory for a buyer to generate a “GeM Availability Report and Past Transaction Summary” (GeMAR&PTS) with a unique ID on GeM portal using his login credentials on GeM for procurement outside GeM. The Past Transaction Summary will be provided, wherever available. “GeMAR&PTS” shall be a pre-requisite for arriving at a decision by the competent authority for procurement of required goods and services by floating a bid outside GeM and its unique ID would be required to be furnished on the publishing portal along with the tender proposed to be published.
6. However, in case it is not possible to extract GEMAR&PTS report due to urgency and non-functioning of GeM at that time or due to non availability of internet connection, screenshots in such cases shall be placed in procurement files, along with details of reasons/ circumstances. Further, in these circumstances, furnishing of unique ID on publishing portal will not be insisted.
7. This issues with the approval of Secretary (Expenditure).
(Kotluru Narayana Reddy)
Deputy Secretary to the Govt. of India
Email: [email protected]
All the Secretaries and Financial Advisers to Government of India
CGA, CGDA, FC/Railway Board – For information and necessary action.
Secretary, Department of Public Enterprises with a request to issue appropriate instructions to Public Sector Undertakings in this regard.