Obtaining approval of SEMO/ Service Specialist/ Senior Advisor/ Consultant for unlisted procedures and Length of Stay (LOS)
Central Organisation, ECHS
Adjutant General’s Branch
Ministry of Defence (Army)
Thimayya Marg, Near Gopinath
Circle, Delhi Cantt-110010
30 Apr 2020
IHQ of MoD (Navy)/Dir ECHS (N)
DAV Subroto Park
All HQs Command (A/ECHS)
OBTAINING APPROVAL OF SEMO/ SERVICE SPECIALIST/ SENIOR ADVISOR/ CONSULTANT FOR UNLISTED PROCEDURES AND LENGTH OF STAY (LOS)
1. Please ref Para 5 of CO ECHS letter No B/49770/AG/ECHS/Treatment/Policy dt 24 Mar 2020 and Para 2 of even No dt 01 Apr 2020 and dt 20 Apr 2020 (copy att).
2. A onetime special sanction has been accorded by MD ECHS to Dir RCs in consultation with JD (HS) to approve all appendices of Health Care Organisation (HCOs) for listed/ unlisted procedures/ investigations/ implants and LOS. The above provisions were made as physical movement for seeking approvals of SEMO/ Service Specialist/senior Advisor/ Consultant to hospitals in view of COVID-19 was restricted.
3. The onetime special sanction to Dir RCs to accord approval on unlisted procedures/ investigations/ implants and LOS will cease wef 04 May 2020, the approvals for listed/ unlisted procedures/ investigations/ implants and LOS will follow procedure prior to lockdown period, as specified in CO ECHS letter No B/49778/AG/ECHS/PA/Ruling dt 28 Jun 2011 and letter No B/49770/AG/ECHS dt 15 Mar 2010. Since, the restriction on physical movement of pers is likely to continue, it is requested that SEMO Service, Specialist/ Sr Advisor/ Consultant may be directed to process the Appendices on email/ Fax/ Whatsapp, when the cases are initiated by the Polyclinics as provided in the ibid letters of 2011 & 2010.
4. It is reiterated that, emergent/ life saving treatment will not be denied by the hospitals on the plea that ‘Prior Approval’ needs to be obtained. Hospitals will carryout the procedures and justify the emergency in discharge summary as to why the prior approval was not obtained for that particular procedures/ investigations/ implants and LOS.
5. For necessary action please.
(Anupam N Adhaulia)
for MD ECHS
Source: Click here to view ECHS Order