Nomination for National Awards for the Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities, 2020
Controller General of Defence Accounts
ULAN BATAR ROAD, PALAM, DELHI CANTT- 110010
Tele 011-25665558, 25665703 Fax: 25674806, 25674821
No. AN(Coord)/3100/ Award/ Vol. VII
All PCDAs/ PCA (Fys.)/ PIFAs,
CDAs/ CFAs (Pys.)/ IFAs/ RTCs.
(through CGDA website).
Subject: Nomination for National Awards for the Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities, 2020 – regarding.
Ministry of Defence D (JCM) ID No. 24 (2)/2020/D(JCM) dated 21.08.2020 along with Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment’ OM No. 5-2/2020 National Awards dated 29.07.2020, is forwarded herewith for information and necessary action.
All the field offices are requested to forward Nomination(s)/ Application(s) as per the guidelines stipulated in OM dated 29.07.2020; if any; duly recommended by the Competent Authority to HQrs. at the earliest for onward transmission to Ministry.
(Rajeev Ranjan Kumar)
Dy. CGDA (AN)
1. AN(Pay) Local : For similar action as above.
2. IT&S Wing(Local) : with a request to upload on CGDA’s website.
(Rajeev Ranjan Kumar)
Dy. CGDA (AN)
Government of India
Ministry of Defence
Department of Defence
Subject:- Inviting application for National Awards for the Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities, 2020-reg.
Please find enclosed herewith a copy of Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment letter No. 5-2/2020-NA Cell dated 29″ July, 2020 on the subject mentioned above.
2. A scheme entitled “National Awards for the Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities” is being implemented by Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment for the Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities.
3, All addressees are requested to forward the applications with recommendations approved by the competent authority and complete in all respects in the prescribed proforma along with a brief of the nominee giving details of exemplary achievement/distinguished services rendered by the nominee for the empowerment of Persons with Disabilities. For more details, relating to the National Award Rules 2013, details of category of Awards, Proforma for application etc. is available on website: (www.disabilityaffairs.gov.in)
4. The nominations may kindly be sent latest by 30th August, 2020 for onward transmission to Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment.
Encl. As above
(Anil Kumar T)
Under Secretary to the Govt. of India
No. 5-2/2020-National Awards
Government of India
Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment
Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities (Divyangjan)
B-II, 5 Floor, Pt. Deendayal Antyodaya Bhavan,
C.G.O Complex, New Delhi,
dated the 29 July, 2020.
Subject: Inviting applications for the National Awards for the Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities, 2020
National Awards for Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities are conferred on 3rd December every year on the ‘International Day of Persons with Disabilities on outstanding persons with disabilities, individuals and institutions that are working for the empowerment of persons with disabilities. A brief note indicating the category of awards, specifiable disabilities, authorities prescribed for recommending the applications 1s enclosed as Annexure.
2. An advertisement for inviting applications has been published in the national/regional dailies on 25′ August, 2020. The last date for receipt of applications for National Awards 2020 is 09 September, 2020. Advertisement, formats of applications for different categories of awards and the Guidelines for the National Awards for Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities are available on web portal of the Department namely: disabilityaffairs.gov.in,
3. Soft copy of the application duly signed & scanned with all the supporting documents should be sent through e-rnail on the e-mail address: pwdnationalawards2020[at]gmail.com by 09th September, 2020.
Hard copy of the application with prescribed documents may be sent to Shri Sitaram Yadav, Deputy Secretary, Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities (Divyangjan), Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Room No. 520, B-IIl, 5 Floor, Pt. Deencdayal Antyodaya Bhavan, C.G.O Complex New Delhi- 3, s0 as to reach him latest by 9th September, 2020.
4, It is requested that in order to encourage nominations/applications for submission before the last date, widespread publicity may please be given and applications/nominations sent to this Department before the last date mentioned above.
(Kishor B. Surwade)
Deputy Director General
Tel. No. 24364394
(i) The Secretaries of all Ministries/Departments of the Government of India.
(ii) States/UT Administrations
Brief Note on National Awards for Persons with Disabilities, 2020 Applications for the National Award for Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities, 2020 are invited from eligible candidates or establishments or institutions fulfilling the prescribed criteria under the Guidelines for the National Awards for the following category of National Awards:
(i) Best Employee/Sell-employed with disabilities:
(ii) Best Employer and Placement Officer or Agency;
(iii) Best Individual and Institution working for the cause of persons with disabilities;
(iv) Role Model:
(v) Best Applied Research/Innovation cr Product Development aimed at improving the life of persons with disabilities;
(vi) Outstanding Work in the Creation of Barrier-free Environment for the persons with disabilities:
(vii) Best District in providing rehabilitation service;
(viii) Best State Channelizing Agency of the National Handicapped Finance and Development Corporation;
(ix) Outstanding Creative Adult persons with disabilities;
(x) Best Creative Child with disabilities;
(x1) Best Braille Press;
(xii) Best Accessible Website;
(xiii) Best State in (a) Promoting Empowerment of persons with disabilities and (b) Implementation of Accessible India Campaign;
(xiv) Best Sports person with disability.
2. (a) For the purpose of National Awards, the broad categories covering all the 21 types of disabilities specified under the ~The Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016 are as under:-
Locomotor Disability – Muscular Disability, Dwarfism, Acid Attack Victims Leprosy Cured Persons, Cerebral Palsy,
Visual Disability – Blindness, Low Vision
Hearing Disability – Deaf, Hard of Hearing
Speech and Language Disability
Developmental Disorder – Autism Spectrum Disorder, Specific Learning Disability Intellectual Disability, Mental Behaviour, Disability caused due to blood disorder (Hemophilha, thalassemia, Sickle Cell Disease,
Chronic Neurological Conditions —– Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease
Multiple disabilities —- Disabilities involving any two or more of the above broad categories.
(15) Applications should be Sent in the prescribed format in Hineli or English only. The application format and the criteria laid down for each of the above categories of awards, ancl the Guidelines of National Awards are also available on the website of the Department. (www. disabilitvar fairs. gov.in).
(C) Applications received after the last date and /or without recommendation by the prescribed authority/ persons. or incomplete or unsigned will not be entertained,
3. The applications of Organizations/ institutions and those employed in the Central/State Government/ Union Territory Administrations /Public Sector Undertakings Should be sent in the prescribed proforma (either in Hindi or in English only) through the Ministry / Department/State Government/ Union Territory Administration / Public Sector Undertaking concerned duly approved by the competent authority in such Govt. /Administration/ Undertaking.
4. Applications of those not covered under above mentioned category (including self-employed Or employed in the Private sector organizations /unorganized sector}, should be sent with recommendation of any one of the following:-
- Department Of the concerned State Government/ Union Territory Administration dealing with disability matters.
- Collector/ District Magistrate of the concerned District.
- A National Institute under the administrative control of .the Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities (Divangjan)
- A past recipient of National Award (in individual Capacity) for the Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities.
5. Application not routed or recommended in the Manner provided in paras 3 & 4 above will not be considered. No correspondence in this connection will be entertained. Applications in the Prescribed format Should be accompanied by the following:-
- Two Passport sized Photographs (in the case of individuals).
- Bio-data along with summary of achievements and documents in support thereof: and draft citation (not exceeding one page)
6. Application in the Prescribed formal duly recommended and complete in all respect should be sent as stated hereunder:
i) Sort copy of the application duly signed & scanned With all the Supporting documents Should be sent through e-mail on the e-mail address: pwdnationalawards2020[at]gmail.com by 09th Sept, 2020.
ii) Hard copy of the application with documents to Shri Sitaram Yadav, Deputy Secretary to the Government of India, Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities (Divyangjan), Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Room No. 920, B-II, 5th Floor, Pt. Deendayal Antyodaya Bhavan, C.G.0 Complex New Delhi- 110 003, SO as to reach him latest by 9th September, 2020.