Associate Professor of Psychiatric Social Work (Group ‘A’ Post) Recruitment Rules, 2020 – Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Central Institute of Psychiatry, Kanke, Ranchi
MINISTRY OF HEALTH AND FAMILY WELFARE
New Delhi, the 13th November, 2020.
G.S.R. 721(E).—In exercise of the powers conferred by the proviso to article 309 of the Constitution, the President hereby makes the following rules regulating the method of recruitment to the post of Associate Professor of Psychiatric Social Work in the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Central Institute of Psychiatry, Kanke, Ranchi, namely:-
1. Short title and – (1) These rules may be called the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Central Institute of Psychiatry, Kanke, Ranchi, Associate Professor of Psychiatric Social Work (Group ‘A’ Post) Recruitment Rules, 2020.
(2) They shall come into force on the date of their publication in the Official Gazette.
2. Number of posts, classification and level in the pay– The number of the said post, its classification and level in the pay matrix attached thereto shall be as specified in columns (2) to (4) of the Schedule annexed to these rules.
3. Method of recruitment, age-limit, qualifications, – The method of recruitment, age-limit, qualifications and other matters relating to the said post shall be as specified in columns (5) to (13) of the said Schedule.
4. Disqualification- No person,-
(a) who has entered into or contracted a marriage with any person having a spouse living; or
(b) who, having a spouse living, has entered into or contracted a marriage with any person, shall be eligible for appointment to the said post:
Provided that the Central Government may, if satisfied that such marriage is permissible under the personal law applicable to such person and the other party to the marriage and that there are other grounds for so doing, exempt any person from the operation of this rule.
5. Power to – Where the Central Government is of the opinion that it is necessary or expedient so to do, it may, by order, for reasons to be recorded in writing and in consultation with the Union Public Service Commission, relax any of the provisions of these rules with respect to any class or category of persons.
6. Saving – Nothing in these rules shall affect reservation, relaxation of age-limit and other concessions required to be provided for the Scheduled Castes, the Scheduled Tribes, the Other Backward Classes, Ex-servicemen and other special categories of persons in accordance with the orders issued by the Central Government from time to time in this regard.
|Name of post.||Number of post.||Classification.||Level in the pay matrix.||Whether selection post or non-selection post.||Age-limit for direct recruits.|
|Associate Professor of Psychiatric Social Work.||1* (2020)
* subject to variation dependent on work load.
|General Central Service, Group ‘A’, Gazetted, Non- Ministerial.||Level-11 in the pay matrix.
(Rs. 67700 – 208700).
|Educational and other qualifications required for direct recruits.||Whether age and educational qualifications prescribed for direct recruits will apply in the case of promotees.||Period of probation, if any.||Method of recruitment whether by direct recruitment or by promotion or by deputation/absorption and percentage of the vacancies to be filled by various methods.|
|Not applicable.||Not applicable||Not applicable.||By promotion failing which by deputation (including short term contract).|
|In case of recruitment by promotion /deputation/absorption grades from which promotion/ deputation/absorption to be made.||If a Departmental Promotion Committee exists what is its composition.||Circumstances in which Union Public Service Commission to be consulted in making recruitment.|
|Promotion: Assistant Professor of Psychiatric Social Work in Level-10 of the pay matrix (Rs. 56100 – 177500) with five years regular service in the grade and having successfully completed two to four weeks training in the field as prescribed by the administrative department.
Deputation (including short term contract) :
Officers under the Central Government or State Governments or Recognised Universities or Recognised Research Institutions or Public Sector Undertakings or Semi- Government or Statutory or Autonomous Organisations:
(a) (i) holding analogous post on regular basis in the parent cadre or department, or
(ii) with five years regular service in the grade rendered after appointment thereto on a regular basis in posts in Level-10 (Rs.56100-177500/-) of the Pay Matrix or equivalent in the parent cadre or department;
(b). Possessing the Educational Qualifications and experience as follows:
1. Master Degree in Social Work or Sociology or Applied Sociology from a recognised university or institute. 2.M.Phil. in Psychiatric Social Work from a recognised university or institute.
3. Doctorate Degree (Ph.D.) in Psychiatric Social Work or Social Work or Sociology or Applied Sociology from a recognised university or institute.
4. five years teaching or research experience including at least two years as Assistant Professor of Psychiatric Social Work in a recognised institution.
1. Experience in Psychotherapy and Counseling techniques.
Note 1: Period of deputation including period of deputation in another ex-cadre post held immediately preceding this appointment in the same or some other organisation or department of the Central Government shall ordinarily not exceed four years. The maximum age-limit for appointment by deputation shall be not exceeding fifty-six years as on the closing date of the receipt of applications.
Note 2: Where juniors who have completed their qualifying or eligibility service are being considered for promotion, their senior shall also be considered provided they are not short of the requisite qualifying or eligibility service by more than half of such qualifying or eligibility service or two years, whichever is less and have successfully completed their probation period for promotion to the next higher grade along with their juniors who have already completed such qualifying or eligibility service.
|Group ‘A’ Departmental Promotion Committee (for considering promotion) consisting of:
1. Deputy Director General (Medical), Directorate General of Health Services – Chairman;
2. Director (Medical Education), Directorate General of Health Services – Member;
3. Director, Central Institute of Psychiatry, Ranchi – Member.
|Consultation with Union Public Service Commission is necessary to fill up the post by deputation (including short term contract).|
[F. No. A.12018/69/2017-ME]
NILAMBUJ SHARAN, Economic Adviser
Click here to view/download the Notification in Hindi and English [PDF]