INFORMATION BULLETIN – JEE (Main) – 2021 issued by National Testing Agency
The Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Education, Government of India has entrusted the responsibility of conducting Joint Entrance Examination (JEE Main) to the NTA from 2019 onwards.
The Joint Entrance Examination (JEE Main) comprises of two papers. The Paper1 is conducted for admission to Undergraduate Engineering Programs (B.E/B. Tech) at NITs, IIITs, other Centrally Funded Technical Institutions (CFTIs), Institutions/Universities funded/recognized by participating State Governments, as well as an eligibility test for JEE (Advanced), which is conducted for admission to IITs.
Candidates of UPSEE (2021) will take JEE (Main) 2021. The Paper 2 is conducted for admission to B. Arch and B. Planning courses in the Country. From this year, Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Technical University (AKTU), Lucknow will also use the score sheet of JEE (Main) – 2021 for admission to the B.Tech / M.Tech (Integrated)/B.Arch. Courses in its affiliated colleges across the State.
|S. No.||Particulars||Page No.|
|A||IMPORTANT INFORMATION AT A GLANCE||3|
1.1 About National Testing Agency (NTA)
1.2 About Joint Entrance Examination (JEE-Main) 2021
Scheme of JEE (Main) 2021
2.1 Mode of Examination
2.2 Choice of Medium of Question Paper
2.3 Scheme of Examination
2.4 Pattern of Examination
3.1 Age Limit
3.2 List of Qualifying Examinations
3.3 Year of Appearance in Qualifying Examination
State of Eligibility
Facilities for PwD Candidates to appear in the exam
Choice of Cities
Schedule of Examination
Unfair Means Practices and Breach of Examination Rules
12.2 Punishment for using Unfair Means Practices
12.3 Cancellation of Result
Display of Answer Key Challenges
Display of Recorded Responses
JEE (Main) NTA Score for B.E./B.Tech, B.Arch, & B.Planning
15.1 Compilation and display of result of B.E./B.Tech
15.2 Compilation & display of result of B.Arch & B.Planning
Re-evaluation/Re-checking of result
Admission to NITs, IIITs, CFIs, SFIs, State Engineering Colleges for the Participating States & Other Participating Institutions including UPSEE.
17.1 Eligibility for Admission to NITs, IIITs and CFTIs participating though Central Seat Allocation Board
17.2 B. Tech/ B. Arch Scores of JEE (Main) 2021 will also be used for admission to B. Tech/B. Arch Courses covered under UPSEE.
17.3 Eligibility for Admission to Other Institutions
17.4 Seat Allocation Process and Admission Procedure
18.5 Eligibility Criteria for Appearing in JEE (Advanced) 2021
Test Practice Centres (TPCs)
Common Services Centres/Facilitation Centres
National Test Abhyas
Query Redressal System (QRS)
Correspondence with NTA
Weeding Osut Rules
Certificate regarding physical limitation to write in an examination
Letter of Undertaking for Using Own Scribe
List of Examination Cities for JEE (Main) 2021
Procedure for Online Payment of Fee and Helpline for Payment Related Queries
Computer Based Test (CBT) Guidelines
NTA Test Practice Centres (TPCs)
Normalization Procedure based on Percentile Score
Replica of Online Application Form
IMPORTANT INFORMATION AT A GLANCE
(please refer to Information Bulletin for details)
1. Dates, fee details and Application Procedure:
|Online submission of Application Form||16.12.2020 to 16.01.2021|
|Last date for successful transaction of prescribed application fee||17.01.2021|
|Fee payable for JEE (Main) – 2021
(through Credit Card /Debit Card (except Master/Visa Card) / Net- Banking/UPI)
|Type of Candidate||In India
(Fee in Rs.)
(Fee in Rs.)
Paper 1: B.E./B. Tech or
Paper 2A: B. Arch or
Paper 2B: B.Planning
|Paper 1: B.E./B. Tech & Paper 2A: B. Arch or
Paper 1: B.E./B. Tech & Paper 2B: B. Planning or
Paper 1: B.E./B.Tech, Paper 2A: B. Arch & Paper 2B: B.Planning
Paper 2A: B. Arch & Paper 2B: B.Planning
|Processing charges and Goods & Service Taxes (GST) are to be paid by the candidate, as applicable.|
|Correction in particulars||19.01.2021 to 21.01.2021 (for February Session)|
|Downloading of Admit Cards from NTA website||Second week of February, 2021|
Date of Examinations
|(Session 1): 23, 24, 25 & 26 February 2021
(Session 2): 15, 16, 17 & 18 March 2021
(Session 3): 27, 28, 29 & 30 April 2021
(Session 4): 24, 25, 26, 27 & 28 May 2021
Timing of Examination
|First Shift||9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. (IST)|
|Second Shift||3:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. (IST)|
|Display of Question Paper attempted by the Candidate and Answer Keys for inviting challenges on NTA website||
To be displayed on the NTA website in due course
|Declaration of Result on NTA website||To be displayed on the NTA website in due course|
[Note: (i) A candidate has option to apply for one Session or more than one Session (February/March /April /May 2021) together and pay exam fee accordingly. In other words, if a candidate wishes to apply only for one Session, he / she has to pay Examination Fee only for that Session during the current application period and will have opportunity to apply again for the remaining March/ April / May Sessions.
The application window will be re-opened briefly immediately after the declaration of the result of February / March/ April Session.
Examination for the May session will be the last Examination for coming academic year. Fees can also be carried forward to another Session of JEE (Main) 2021.
Incase a candidate does not want to appear in the Session for which fee has already been paid, it will be refunded by NTA.
For this, the Candidate will have to make a request only during the application process of the session for which he/she wants to withdraw.
Multiple Application Forms submitted by a candidate for the same Session(s) will not be accepted at any cost.
- The fee can be submitted only online through Net Banking, Credit Card, Debit Card, UPI or Paytm Processing charges and GST as applicable are chargeable to the candidate (in addition to the examination fee) by the concerned Bank/Payment Gateway Integrator. For details / procedure, please see Appendix-IV
- Candidates who apply for more than one Session of examination (February/March/April/May), may change their Choice of Cities in the correction window, which will be opened in due course under intimation to them through Public Notice for each Session.
- The Confirmation Page of the online Application Form will be generated only after successful payment by the In case the Confirmation Page is not generated after payment of fee, then the candidate may have to approach the concerned Bank/Payment Gateway (in the helpline no. and email given in Appendix- IV of the Information Bulletin) for ensuring the successful payment or for obtaining the refund of duplicate / multiple payments].
- Candidates must read carefully the Instructions (including how to fill up Application Form online) given in the Information Bulletin available on the NTA Candidates not complying with the Instructions shall be summarily disqualified.
- Candidates can apply for JEE (Main) 2021 through “Online” mode only. The Application Form in any other mode will not be accepted.
- Submission of Application Form could be made by the candidate online through NTA website: jeemain.nta.nic.in.
- Instructions for filling Online Application Form:
- Download Information Bulletin and Replica of Application Read these carefully to ensure your eligibility.
❖ Follow the steps given below to Apply Online:
Step-1: Apply for Online Registration using own Email Id and Mobile No.
Step-2: Fill in the Online Application Form and note down the system generated Application Number.
Step-3: Upload scanned images of: (i) the recent photograph (file size 10Kb – 200Kb) should be either in colour or black & white with 80% face (without mask) visible including ears against white background; (ii) candidate’s signature (file size: 4kb – 30kb); (iii) duly verified result awaited attestation form (file size: 50kb to 500kb), (iv) category certificate (SC/ST/OBC/EWS etc.) (file size: 50kb to 300KB), (v) PwD certificate (file size: 50kb to 300kb) in jpg/jpeg format.
Step-4: Pay fee using SBI/Canara Bank/HDFC Bank/ICICI Bank/Paytm Payment Gateway through Debit Card/Credit Card / Net Banking/UPI and keep proof of fee paid.
- Download, save and print a copy of Confirmation Page of the Application Form (which would be downloadable only after successful remittance of fee) for future
- All the 4 Steps can be done together or at separate The submission of Application of a candidate could be considered as successful and his/her candidature would be confirmed only on the successful transaction/receipt of the prescribed application fee from him/her.
- Candidates shall ensure that the information entered by them in their respective online Application Form are
- Information provided by the candidates in their respective online Application Forms, like, name of candidate, contact/ address details, category, PwD status, educational qualification details, date of birth, choice of exam cities, will be treated as final. Any request for change in such particulars after the closure of correction period will not be considered by NTA under any circumstances.
- NTA does not edit /modify/alter any information entered by the candidates after completion of application process under any Any request for change in information thereafter will not be entertained. Therefore, candidates are advised to exercise utmost caution before filling up correct details in the Application Form.
- NTA disclaims any liability that may arise to a candidate(s) due to incorrect information provided by him/her in his/her online Application
- Candidates must ensure that their email address and mobile number to be registered in their online Application Form are their own, as relevant/important information/ communication will be sent by NTA through e-mail on the registered e-mail address and / or through SMS on registered mobile number only. NTA shall not be responsible for any non-communication / mis- communication with a candidate in the email address or mobile number given by him/her other than his/her
- Candidates are advised to visit the NTA Website and check their e-mails regularly for latest
- Candidates shall appear at their own cost at the Examination Centre on the date, shift and time indicated on their Admit Cards issued by the NTA in due course through its
- The final submission of Online Application Form will remain incomplete if Step-3 and step-4 are not Such forms will stand rejected and no correspondence on this account will be entertained.
- The entire application process for JEE (Main) 2021 is online, including uploading of scanned images, payment of fees, and printing of Confirmation Page, Admit Card, Therefore, candidates are not required to send/submit any document(s) including Confirmation Page to NTA through Post/ Fax/WhatsApp/Email/by Hand.
- Usage of Data and Information: NTA/Government of India can use the data provided by the End Users (test taker in this case) for internal purpose(s) including training, research and development, analysis and other permissible purpose(s). However, this information is not for use by any third party or private agency for any other
Brief Advisory regarding COVID-19 Pandemic:
Candidates are advised to carry only the following with them into the examination venue:
- Admit card along with Self Declaration (Undertaking) downloaded from the NTA Website (a clear printout on A4 size paper) duly filled in.
- A simple transparent Ball Point
- Additional photograph, to be pasted on attendance sheet
- Personal hand sanitizer (50 ml).
- Personal transparent water
- Sugar tablets/fruits (like banana/apple/orange) in case the candidate is
- Candidate shall ensure that the information (like, his/her mother’s name, father’s name, gender, date of birth, category, PwD status, mobile number, email address, photograph and signature, choice of cities for exam centre, etc.) provided by them in their online Application Form are correct and of their own. Candidates are advised to exercise utmost care for filling up correct details in the Application Form. Any request for change in the particulars after the closure of correction period will not be considered by NTA under any circumstances. Corrections sent by the candidate through Post/ Fax/WhatsApp/Email/by Hand will not be entertained by NTA.
- In case it is found at any time in future that the Candidate has used / uploaded the photograph, signature and certificate(s) of someone else in his/ her Application Form / Admit Card or he/she has tampered his/her Admit Card / result, these acts of the candidate shall be treated as Unfair Means (UFM) Practices on his/her part and he/she shall be proceeded with the actions as contemplated under the provisions of the Information Bulletin relating to Unfair Means
- Candidates are NOT allowed to carry Instruments, Geometry or Pencil box, Handbag, Purse, any kind of Paper/ Stationery/ Textual material (printed or written material), Eatables and Water (loose or packed), Mobile Phone/ Earphone/ Microphone/ Pager, Calculator, Docu Pen, Slide Rules, Log Tables, Camera, Tape Recorder, Electronic Watches with facilities of calculator, any metallic item or electronic gadgets/ devices in the Examination Hall/Room.