Havildar (Operator Radio and Line) Combatised post Recruitment Rules 2020 in Assam Rifles under the Ministry of Home Affairs
MINISTRY OF HOME AFFAIRS
New Delhi, the 5th January, 2021
G.S.R. 02.— In exercise of the powers conferred by sub-section (1) read with clauses (a) and (b) of sub- section (2) of section 165 of the Assam Rifles Act 2006, (47 of 2006), and in supersession of the Assam Rifles (Group ‘C’ Combatised posts) Recruitment Rules, 2000, in so far as they relate to the post of Havildar (Operator Radio and Line) and Rifleman (Operator Radio and Line), except as respects to things done or omitted to be done before such supersession, the Central Government hereby makes the following rules regulating the method of recruitment to the post of Havildar (Operator Radio and Line), in the Assam Rifles under the Ministry of Home Affairs, namely :-
1. Short title and commencement.—
(1) These rules may be called the Ministry of Home Affairs, Assam Rifles Havildar (Operator Radio and Line), Combatised post, Recruitment Rules, 2020.
(2) They shall come into force on the date of their publication in the Official Gazette.
2. Number of post, classification and level in the pay matrix.—The number of post, its classification and level in the pay matrix attached thereto, shall be as specified in columns (2) to (4) of the Schedule annexed to these rules.
3. Method of recruitment, age-limit, qualifications etc.—The method of recruitment to the post, age-limit, qualification and other matters relating thereto, shall be as specified in columns (5) to (13) of the aforesaid Schedule.
4. Disqualification.—No person, –
(a) who, has entered into or contracted a marriage with a person having a spouse living; or
(b) who, having a spouse living, has entered into or contracted a marriage with any person, shall be eligible for appointment to the said post :
Provided that the Central Government may, if satisfied that such marriage is permissible under the personal law applicable to such person and the other party to the marriage and that there are other grounds for so doing, exempt any person from the operation of this rule.
5. Medical Fitness.— (1) Notwithstanding anything contained in these rules, only those persons who are in medical category SHAPE-I, shall be eligible for appointment or promotion under the provisions of these rules.
Explanation. – For the purpose of this rule, “SHAPE- I” means Medical Category defined as under:-
(i) medical classification done by the Medical Officer after assessing fitness of the officer under given factors indicated by the code letters SHAPE, which represent the following function:-
S – Psychological
H – Hearing
A – Appendages
P – Physical Capacity
E – Eye-Sight;
(ii) functional capacity of an officer under each factor shall be denoted by numeral 1 to 5 against each code letter, indicating declining functional efficiency. The numerals shall be written next to the code letter, except that where an officer is in Grade-I in all factors, his category may be denoted by writing SHAPE-I instead of writing S1H1A1P1E1. General evaluation of these numerals is as under:-
Havildar (Operator Radio and Line),
(a) fit for all duties anywhere;
(b) fit for all duties but may have limitations as to type of duties and areas of employability depending on whether the duties involve severe stress or demand acuity of hearing or vision of both ears or eyes;
(c) excepting “S” factor, fit for routine or sedentary duties but may have limitations of employability at high altitude (above 2,700 meters) extreme cold areas or hilly terrain and for long assignments;
(d) temporarily unfit for duties on account of hospitalisation or sick leave;
(e) permanently unfit for duties.
6. Power to relax.—Where the Central Government is of the opinion that it is necessary or expedient so to do, it may, by order, and for reasons to be recorded in writing, relax any of the provisions of these rules with respect to any class or category of persons.
7. Saving.— Nothing in these rules shall affect reservation, relaxation of age-limit and other concessions required to be provided for the Scheduled Castes, the Scheduled Tribes, the other backward classes, Ex-Servicemen and other special categories of persons in accordance with the orders issued by the Central Government from time to time in this regard.
|Name of post||Number of post||Classification||Level in the pay matrix||Whether selection or non selection post|
Havildar (Operator Radio and Line).
*Subject to variation dependent on workload.
(Non– Gazetted Non-Ministerial, Combatised).
|Level 4 in the pay matrix
Rs 25500/– Rs 81100/–.
Age limit for direct recruits
|Between 18 to 25 years.
(Relaxable for Government servants up to five years in accordance with the instruction or orders issued by the Central Government)
Note: The crucial date for determining the age-limit shall be the closing date for receipt of the applications and not the closing date prescribed for those in Assam, Meghalaya, Arunachal Pradesh,
Nagaland, Tripura, Sikkim, Lahaul and Spiti District and Pangi Sub-division of Chamba District of Himachal Pradesh, the Union territories of the Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Ladakh and Lakshdweep.
Educational and other qualifications required for direct recruits
|a) (i) Matriculation pass or equivalent from a recognised Board and two years Industrial Training Institute in Radio and Television or Electronics from a recognised Institute ; or
(ii) 12th class pass or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as subjects of study from a recognised Board or University or Institute.
(b) Physical Standard:
(i) Height – 170 cms.
(ii) Chest – 80 cms (Un- expanded)
and 85 cms (Expanded).
(iii) Weight- According to age and Height.
(c) Medical Standard :
(i) Eye sight: Minimum distant vision should be 6/6 and 6/9 of both eyes without correction (i.e. without
wearing of glasses).
(ii) The candidates must not have knock knees, flat foot, varicose vein or squint eyes and they should possess high colour vision. They must be in good mental and bodily health and free from any physical defect likely to interfere with the efficient performance of the duties.
(d) Must qualify the physical efficiency and written tests.
(e) Relaxation : Relaxation may be permissible in height and chest to the tribals and hill people as follows:-
Height- Minimum height for men belonging to hill areas of Garhwal, Kumaon, Himachal Pradesh. Gorkhas, Dogras, Marathas, Sikkimies, Leh and Ladakh, Kashmir Valley and North Eastern States will be 165 cms. For females the minimum height will be 155 cms. The minimum height for Tribals will be 162.5 cms for males and 150 cms for females.
Chest – Relaxation in chest is applicable to only tribals and hill people. The minimum chest for the category of personnel is as under:-
(i) Men belonging to hill area : 78-83 cms specified as above.
Tribals of all States or Union Territories: 76-81 cms specified as above.
|Whether age and educational qualifications prescribed for direct recruits will apply in the case of promotees||Period of probation if any|
|Not applicable||Two years|
|Method of recruitment whether by direct recruitment or by promotion or by deputation/absorption and percentage of the vacancies to be filled by various methods|
|(a) seventy per cent. by direct recruitment;
(b) twenty per cent. of the vacancies shall be filled from amongst the Group ‘C’ staff in level 3 in the pay matrix Rs 21700- 69100, failing which by direct recruitment and who possess Matriculation pass or equivalent from a recognised Board and two years Industrial Training Institute certificate in Radio and Television or Electronics or equivalent from a recognized Board or University or Institute or 12th class pass or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as subjects of study from a recognised Board or University or Institute and have rendered five years regular service in the grade on the basis of the departmental qualifying examination.
Note: The maximum age limit for eligibility for examination is 40 years;
(c) ten per cent. by deputation/ re- employment for Ex-servicemen who fulfill the qualifications as prescribed in column No 7.
In case recruitment by promotion or deputation or absorption, grades from which promotion, deputation or absorption to be made
|If a Departmental Promotion Committee exists, what is its composition||
Circumstances in which Union Public Service Commission is to be consulted in making recruitment
|As stated in column (10)||Group ‘C’ Departmental Confirmation Committee (for
considering confirmation) consisting of –
1. Colonel (Records), Assam Rifles – Chairman;
2. Staff Officer 1 (Administration), Assam Rifles – Member;
3. Technical Officer, Assam Rifles – Member;
4. Any Junior Commissioned Officer of Assam Rifles – Member.
[F. No. A/Pers/RRs/Hav(ORL)/2015]
D V YADAV, Under Secy.