Secretariat Stenographers' Service Senior Principal Private Secretary Grade Regulations, 2021 - Railway Board MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS (RAILWAY BOARD)
Secretariat Stenographers’ Service Senior Principal Private Secretary Grade Regulations, 2021 – Railway Board
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
New Delhi, the 15th March, 2021
G.S.R. 179(E).—In pursuance of rule 9 of the Railway Board Secretariat Stenographers‟ Service Rules, 2021, the Central Government in the Ministry of Railways hereby makes the following regulations, namely:-
1. Short title and commencement.- (1) These regulations may be called the Railway Board Secretariat Stenographers’ Service Senior Principal Private Secretary Grade Regulations, 2021.
(2) They shall come into force on the date of their publication in the Official Gazette.
2. Conditions of eligibility.- Any regular officer of the Railway Board Secretariat Stenographers’ Service, who on the 1stJuly of the select list year has rendered not less than five years’ of approved service in the grade of Principal Private Secretary, shall be eligible.
3. Determination of vacancy.- Regular vacancies for a select list year shall be determined by the Ministry of Railways (Railway Board) as per rules and, if the selection is to be made for more than one select list year, vacancies shall be determined separately for each select list year.
4. Field of selection.– In accordance with the vacancies determined, a field of selection of eligible officials shall be fixed by the Central Government in the Ministry of Railways (Railway Board).
5. Constitution of Departmental Promotion Committee.- (1) The composition of the Departmental Promotion Committee to consider the cases of eligible officers for appointment to the post of Senior Principal Private Secretary and to make suitable recommendations, shall comprise Chairman, Railway Board and Chief Executive Officer and two other Members of Railway Board as nominated by Chairman, Railway Board and Chief Executive Officer.
(2) The Departmental Promotion Committee shall follow the guidelines or instructions as laid down by the Central Government from time to time.
6. Preparation of panels.– (1) The Departmental Promotion Committee shall normally meet every year for selection against vacancies as determined in regulation 3 above.
(2) The Departmental Promotion Committee will recommend a panel of names of selected officers assigned in the order of their seniority in the lower grade:
Provided that separate panels will be prepared for vacancies of different select list year and if selection for vacancies of any select list year is made on more than one occasion, on every such occasion a panel (part) will be prepared.
(3) Vacancy for a select list year which may not be filled up, due to non-availability of suitable or eligible officers shall be carried forward to the next select list year and the selection process for the first select list year shall be deemed to have been completed.
7. Appointments to the Senior Principal Private Secretary grade.- (1) Appointments to the Senior Principal Private Secretary grade shall be made by the appointing authority in the order in which the names of the officers appear in the panel or panel (part) prepared by the Departmental Promotion Committee for the time being in force.
(2) Inclusion in the panel or panel (part) shall not confer any right to appointment to the grade, which will be made only upon availability of regular vacancy.
8. Removal of name from the select list.– The names of the persons of the following categories shall be removed by the Ministry of Railways (Railway Board) from the select list:-
(a) Officers appointed as Principal Staff Officer;
(b) Officers transferred to any other service or posts;
(c) Officers, who die, retire from service or whose services are otherwise terminated.
S. K. AGARWAL, Jt. Secy. (Gazetted)