Stenographer Grade-I Recruitment Rules 2021 – Ministry of Home Affairs, Narcotics Control Bureau
MINISTRY OF HOME AFFAIRS
(Narcotics Control Bureau)
New Delhi, the 5th January, 2021
G.S.R. 23(E).–– In exercise of the powers conferred by the proviso to article 309 of the Constitution, and in supersession of the Ministry of Home Affairs (Narcotics Control Bureau) Group ‘C’ and Group ‘D’ Posts Recruitment Rules, 2007, in so far as they relate to the post of Stenographer Grade-II, except as respects things done or omitted to be done before such supersession, the President hereby makes the following rules regulating the method of recruitment to the post of Stenographer Grade-I in the Narcotics Control Bureau under the Ministry of Home Affairs,
1. Short title and commencement.––(1) These rules may be called the Ministry of Home Affairs, Narcotics Control Bureau (Stenographer Grade-I) Recruitment Rules, 2021.
(2) They shall come into force on the date of their publication in the Official Gazette.
2. Number of posts, classification and level in the pay matrix.– The number of post, its classification and level in the pay matrix attached thereto, shall be as specified in columns (2) to (4) of the Schedule annexed to these rules.
3. Method of recruitment, age-limit and other qualifications, etc.– The method of recruitment, age- limit, qualifications and other matters relating to the said post shall be as specified in columns (5) to (13) of the aforesaid Schedule.
4. Disqualification.– No person,–
(a) who has entered into or contracted a marriage with a person having a spouse living; or
(b) who, having a spouse living, has entered into or contracted a marriage with any person,
shall be eligible for appointment to the said post:
Provided that the Central Government may, if satisfied that such marriage is permissible under the personal law applicable to such person and the other party to the marriage and that there are other grounds for so doing, exempt any person from the operation of this rule.
5. Power to relax.– Where the Central Government is of the opinion that it is necessary or expedient so to do, it may, by order, for reasons to be recorded in writing, and in consultation with the Union Public Service Commission, relax any of the provisions of these rules with respect to any class or category of persons.
6. Saving.- Nothing in these rules shall affect reservation, relaxation of age-limit and other concessions required to be provided for the Scheduled Castes, the Scheduled Tribes, the Other Backward Classes, the ex-servicemen and other special categories of persons in accordance with the orders issued by the Central Government from time to time in this regard.
|Name of post||Number of post||Classification||Level in pay matrix|
* Subject to variation dependent on the
|Whether selection post or nonselection post||Age-limit for direct recruit||Educational and other qualifications required for direct recruits||Whether age and Educational qualifications prescribed for direct recruits will apply in the case of promotion|
|Period of probation, if any||Method of recruitment whether by direct recruitment or by promotion or by deputation/ absorption and percentage of the vacancies to be filled by various methods||In case of recruitment by promotion or Deputation / absorption grades from which promotion or deputation / absorption to be made|
|Two years||(i) 50 per cent. by promotion failing which by deputation;
(ii) 50 per cent. by deputation.
Stenographers Grade II with ten years regular service in level-4 (Rs. 25500-81100) of the pay matrix and having successfully completed three weeks mandatory training, for which training program to be prepared and imparted by the Narcotics Control Bureau or at another institute approved by Narcotics Control Bureau.Note-1:- Where juniors who have completed their qualifying or eligibility service are being considered for promotion, their seniors shall also be considered provided they are not short of the requisite qualifying or eligibility service by more than half of such qualifying or eligibility service or two years whichever is less and have successfully completed their probation period for promotion to the next higher grade along with their juniors who have already completed such qualifying or eligibility serviceDeputation:
Officers holding the post of Stenographer under the Central Government,-
(a)(i) holding analogous post on a regular basis in the parent cadre or department; or
(ii) with six years regular service in level-5(Rs. 29200-92300) of the pay matrix or equivalent; or
(iii) with ten years regular service in level-4 (Rs.25500-
81100) of the pay matrix or
Note-1:- The departmental officers in the feeder category who are in the direct line of promotion shall not be eligible for consideration for appointment on deputation.
Similarly, the deputationists shall not be eligible for consideration for appointment
Note-2:- The period of
deputation including the period of deputation in another excadre post held immediately preceding this appointment in the same or some other organisation or department of the Central Government shall ordinarily not exceed three years.
Note-3:-The maximum agelimit for appointment by deputation shall be not exceeding fifty-six years as on the closing date of receipt of application.
|If a Departmental Promotion Committee exists, what is its composition||Circumstances in which Union Public Service Commission is to be consulted in making recruitment|
1. Group ‘B’ Departmental Promotion Committee (for considering promotion)
(1) Deputy Director eneral(Hqrs),
(2) Deputy Director (Administration, Narcotics Control BureauMember; and
(3) Deputy Secretary/Direct or(S), Ministry of Home Affairs- Member.
2. Group ‘B’ Departmental Confirmation Committee (for considering confirmation)
|Consultation with Union
Public Service Commission is
[F. No. I-12014/51/2017-NCB-II]
ASHUTOSH AGNIHOTRI, Jt. Secy.