Officer on Special Duty (Coordination-General), Group A (Level 12), UPSC Recruitment Rules, 2021 MINISTRY OF PERSONNEL, PUBLIC GRIEVANCE AND PENSIONS
Officer on Special Duty (Coordination-General), Group A (Level 12), UPSC Recruitment Rules, 2021
MINISTRY OF PERSONNEL, PUBLIC GRIEVANCE AND PENSIONS
(Department of Personnel and Training)
New Delhi, the 17th February, 2021
G.S.R. 16.—In exercise of the powers conferred by the proviso to article 309 of the Constitution, the President hereby makes the following rules regulating the method of recruitment to the post of Officer on Special Duty (Coordination-General) Group ‘A’ in the Office of the Union Public Service Commission, namely:-
1. Short title and commencement.— (1) These rules may be called the Union Public Service Commission, [Officer on Special Duty (Coordination-General)] Group ‘A’ Post Recruitment Rules, 2021.
(2) They shall come into force on the date of their publication in the Official Gazette.
2. Number of post, classification and level in the pay matrix.—The number of the post, its classification and level in the pay matrix attached thereto shall be as specified in columns (2) to (4) of the Schedule annexed to these rules.
3. Method of recruitment, age-limit, qualifications, etc. .—The method of recruitment to the said post, age-limit, qualifications and other matters relating thereto shall be as specified in columns (5) to (13) of the aforesaid Schedule.
4. Disqualification.— No person,-
(a) who has entered into or contracted a marriage with a person having a spouse living; or
(b) who having a spouse living, has entered into or contracted a marriage with any person, shall be eligible for appointment to the said post:
Provided that the Central Government may, if satisfied that such marriage is permissible under the personal law applicable to such person and the other party to the marriage and that there are other grounds for so doing, exempt any person from the operation of this rule.
5. Power to relax.—Where the Central Government is of the opinion that it is necessary or expedient so to do, it may, by order and for reasons to be recorded in writing, relax any of the provisions of these rules with respect to any class or category of persons.
6. Saving.—Nothing in these rules shall affect reservation, relaxation of age-limit and other concessions required to be provided for the Scheduled Castes, the Scheduled Tribes, Other Backward Classes, Ex-servicemen and other special categories of persons in accordance with the orders issued by the Central Government from time to time in this regard.
|Name of post||Number of post||Classification||Level in the pay matrix||Whether selection post or non- selection post|
Officer on Special Duty (Coordination- General)
*Subject to Variation dependent on workload
|General Central Service, Group ‘A’ Gazetted, Non-Ministerial||Level-12
in the pay matrix
(Rs. 78800 –
|Age-limit for direct recruits||Educational and other qualifications required for direct recruits||Whether age and educational qualifications prescribed for direct recruits will apply in the case of promotees||Period of probation, if any||Method of recruitment, whether by direct recruitment or by promotion or by deputation/ absorption and percentage of the vacancies to be filled by various methods.|
|Not applicable||Not applicable||Not applicable||Not applicable||Deputation including short- term contract|
|In case of recruitment by promotion or deputation, grades from which promotion or deputation/ absorption to be made.|
|Deputation including short-term contract:
Officers of the Central Government or State Government or Union territory Administration or recognised research institution or University or public sector undertakings or autonomous or statutory organisations; :-
(a)(i) holding analogous post on regular basis in the parent cadre or Department; or
(ii) with five years regular service in the grade in posts in level 11 in the pay matrix (Rs 67700-208700/-) or equivalent in the parent cadre or Department; and
(b) possessing the following qualifications and experience, namely:-
(i) Bachelor Degree from a recognised University or Institute; and
(ii) shall possess five years’ experience in liaisoning and coordination with various external agencies namely hospital, guest house, Ministry of External Affairs’ Authorities, reception and protocol units, security services.
Note 1 : The period of deputation (including short term contract) including period of deputation (including short term contract) in another ex-cadre post held immediately preceding this appointment in the same or some other organisation or Department of the Central Government shall ordinarily not exceed four years.
Note 2: The maximum age-limit for appointment by deputation (including short term contract) shall be not exceeding fifty-six years as on the closing date of receipt of applications.
|If a Departmental Promotion Committee exists, what is its composition||Circumstances in which the Union Public Service Commission is to be consulted in making recruitment.|
|Not applicable||Consultation with Union Public Service Commission is necessary while appointing an Officer on deputation (including short-term contract).|
RAJBIR SINGH, Under Secy.
Source: Notification Hindi/English PDF