Provision of Digital Payment Solution at PoS Counters through QR scanning only: Department of Posts
Government of India
Ministry of Communications
Department of Posts
Malcha Marg Post office complex,
Chanakyapuri, New Delhi-110021
All Chief Postmaster General
All Postmasters General
Sub: Provision of Digital Payment Solution at PoS Counters-reg.
This is with reference to the provision available at PoS Counters to make the Digital payment through UPI.
2. In this regard several references have been received from Circles wherein the issue of failed transactions has been reported by the customers while making UPI payment through QR Code at Department Offices.
3. It is pertinent to mention here that as per the SOP for UPI payment at PoS Counter, customers are to be asked by the counter PAs for making the due payment through UPI only after the Payment process is initiated by the counter PAs in CS PoS.
4, There have been, however, cases where customers scan the OR Codes and make payment even before the Counter PAs initiate the payment process. This results in non-reconciliation of the UPI payments made by the customers and the booking information sent to the server by the counter PAs.
4. It is, therefore, extremely important that the counter PAs be sensitized to advise the customers to make UPI payment by scanning the QR code only after being told to do so. All Counter staff should be asked to follow the SOP defined for UPI payment. instruction for Customers like – SCAN only when the Operator asks be put up at the counters in Hindi, English and Regional languages along with the QR Codes.
5. Implementation of the instruction as above will reduce the cases of failed payment and thereby avoiding inconvenience to the customers and improving the number of UPI transactions at PoS counters.
Immediate necessary action is requested in this regard.
(Ajay Kumar Re)
Chief General Manager
1. DDG (PMU), Dak Bhawan, New Delhi-110001 for information