Strengthening of Administration by periodical review under FR 56(j) – Statutory Body: DoP&T OM dated 20.12.2022
F.No. 26012/8/2022 -Estt.A-IV
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
Department of Personnel and Training
North Block, New Delhi
Dated: 20th December, 2022
Subject: Strengthening of Administration by periodical review under FR 56(j): Statutory Body regarding.
The undersigned is directed to refer to DOPT’s OM No. 25013/03/2019-Estt.A-IV dated 28.08.2020 regarding Periodic Review of Central Government Employees for strengthening of administration under FR 96(j)/(l) and Rule 42 of CCS (Pension) Rules, 2021 [erstwhile Rule 48 of CCS (Pension) Rules 1972].
2. As regards applicability of provisions of FR-56(j) and composition of Representation Committee in respect of statutory bodies, the following provisions are made for the statutory bodies:
- Where the Statutory Body have adopted the provisions of FR 56(j), Administrative Ministry may ensure that they are strictly followed;
- Where the Statutory Body have similar provisions in their rule books, the Administrative Ministry may ensure that they are followed in letter and spirit;
- Where no such provisions exist, the Administrative Ministry may ensure that the action is taken to put in place such rules as may be necessary; and
- The composition of the Representation Committee in respect of employees of Statutory bodies may be decided with the approval of Minister-in-charge of the Ministry under which the Statutory bodies fall. OC &
Under Secretary to the Govt. of India