ECHS Beneficiaries availing treatment for Diabetes, Hypertension & Cardiac, Dialysis and Cancer – Advisory for treatment and Investigations
Central Organisation, ECHS
Integrated HQ of MoD (Army)
Adjutant General’s Branch
Near Gopinath Circle
Delhi Cantt – 110010
10 Feb 2023
IHQ of MoD (Navy)/Dir ECHS (N)
DAV, Subroto Park
Air HQ (VB)/DPS
HQ Southern Command (A/ECHS & Med)
HQ Eastern Command (A/ECHS &Med)
HQ Western Command (A/ECHS &Med)
HQ Central Command (A/ECHS &Med) .
HQ Northern Command (A/ECHS &Med)
HQ South Western Command (A/ECHS &Med)
HQ Andaman & Nicobar Command (A/ECHS &Med)
AMA ECHS, Embassy of India, Nepal
All Regional Centres, ECHS
ADVISORY FOR TREATMENT/ INVESTIGATIONS IN RESPECT OF ECHS BENEFICIARIES AVAILING TREATMENT FOR DIABETES, HYPERTENSION & CARDIAC, DIALYSIS AND CANCER
1. Please refer the followings:-
(a) MoD, DoESW letter No 22A(55)/201 3/US(WE)/D(Res) dated 05 Jul 2013 (copy att).
(b) B/49774/AG/ECHS/Referral dated 12 Aug 2013 (copy att).
2. Many representation has been received that polyclinics are not issuing referrals with 6 months of validity for chronic disease, diabetes, hypertension and other cardiac diseases, dialysis and cancer patient.
3. As per MoD, DoESW letter No 22A(55)/2013/US(WE)/D(Res) dated 05 Jul 2013 Clearly states that referral with validity of six months from the date of issue of the original prescription for undergoing the prescribed investigation / treatment procedure to be conducted at prescribed intervals as advised by a ECHS/Service/ Govt specialist over a period of six months to be issued. The same permission (referral) letter shall be valid for undergoing the prescribed treatment Procedures /investigations on multiple times during the six months, at intervals as advised by the ECHS/Service/Govt. Specialist.
4. The contents of the letter is reiterated and no veteran will be harassed or denied the facility as per Govt permissions.
5. This has the approval of MD ECHS
(Sri Kant Kumar)
Jt Dir (Med)
for MD ECHS