NPS Oversight Mechanism and delay in PRAN generation – Important Instructions to DDOs/PAOs for compliance – PCDA (WC) Circular
O/O the PCDA, WC
The Officer in Charge
- Pay Section (Local)
- All AAO (Pay) WC, PAOs & AOGES
Sub:- Important Instructions for compliance
Ministry of Defence (Finance) DAD- Coord vide their letter No MoD(Fin) ID Note No/10(10)/DAD/C/2021 dated 05.2023 forwarded Minutes of the Meeting held on 20.04.2023 under chairmanship of Financial Advisor (Defence Services) to discuss issues regarding NPS Oversight Mechanism and reasons for delay in generation of PRAN. The meeting was attended by the representatives of MoD, DFS, PFRDA, NSDL.
2. Based on the detailed discussions held during the meeting, FA(DS) issued directions to streamline the NPS related activities. Directions relevant to DDOs/PAOs are as follows:-
- Unit-wise data be prepared for PRAN generation, grievances etc so that the specific unit where such cases are more, can be targeted.
- Average of 6 months data with reference to types of grievances for worked out and the area of major errors to be addressed on priority.
- To issue a guidelines for subscribers’ education and to sensitise them for providing email and contact details for generation of PRAN.
- Break-up of all problem areas be worked out and resolving them in a mission mode to take care of PRAN related issues by NODAL Officers.
- Subscriber Mandate form may be obtained from non tech savvy employees whereas e-NPS may be opted by tech savy employees.
- DDOs who have not looged in the system so far due to callousness, internet connectivity issues etc be identified and training be imparted to them accordingly.
- An awarness programme be chalked out for communicating more with people to make them aware of atlernative documents like first page of bank passbook in place of cancelled cheque etc to be submitted for generation of PRAN.
- Amount which has been booked in Suspense head on account of NPS contribution as intimated vide this office circular even dated 27.02.2023 and further reminder dated 18.05.2023, be intimated to this office
- Instruction be issued to sensitise al the concerned officials to check fraudulent payments.
- A detailed break up of problem faced DDO wise may be intimated to this office with action taken and a timeline to resolve the issue.
3 It is directed to all the concerned to take necessary action(s) in r/o above directions. Action taken and compliance report in this regard may be sent to this office by 09.06.2023.