Publishing of Tender Notices by all Central Govt. Ministries/ Departments/ Attached subordinate offices/ Field offices as per new GFR-Reg
Controller General of Defence Accounts
Ulan Batar Road, Palam, Delhi Cantt - 110010
(Through CGDA Website)
Dated: 31 May, 2017
All Service HQrs IFAs
All Command IFAs
All PCsDA/CsDA (Nominated IFAs)
Sub: Publishing of Tender Notices by all Central Govt. Ministries/ Departments/ Attached subordinate offices/ Field offices as per new GFR-Reg
As per Rule -161(i) of GFR 2017 “Advertisement in cases of goods of estimated cost of Rs 25 Lakh and above, should be given on Central Public Procurement Portal (CPPP) at www.eprocure.gov.in and on GeM. An organization having its own website should also publish all its advertised tender enquiries on the website". Whereas contents of the Rule 150 of GFR-2005 regarding “Advertisement in Indian Trade Journal (ITJ), NIC website, and newspapers" is not continued in GFR-2017.
2. Based on the provisions of GFR-2017, GoI, Min of Information & Broadcasting, DAVP, being the nodal agency has issued Advisory in this regard vide F.N 11/0280/1617-MR&C dated: 17.05.2017 (Copy enclosed).
3. To ensure uniform practice throughout the department, the advisory issued by Min of I&B, DAVP dated: 17.05.2017 may be followed regarding publication of tender notices within the Defence Sector.
This issues with the approval of Addl CGDA
Sr. Accounts Officer (IFA)
Government of India
Ministry of Information and Broadcasting
Directorate of Advertising and Visual Publicity
Soochna Bhawan, Lodhi Colony, CGO Complex, New Delhi
Subject: Publishing of Tender Notices by all Central Government Ministries/ Departments/ Attached subordinate offices/ Field offices as per new GFR - reg.
1. Attention of all Central Government Ministries/ Departments/ Attached Subordinate offices/ Field offices is drawn to the provisions as given in the recently amended General Financial Rules (GFR) 2017, in respect of tender advertisements for procurement of goods and services. In this connection, Rule 161(i & ii), 183(ii) and 201(ii) etc. may be referred to.
2. These rules have done away with the need for publishing advertisements in newspapers for procurement of goods and services. This has now been replaced with mandatory e-publishing of advertisement on Central Public Procurement Portal (CPPP) at www.eprocure.gov.in and on GeM.
3. In case Ministry/Department/Attached Subordinate office/Field office, still insists that the advertisement should be published in newspapers, a request to DAVP should be sent in a signed letter stating that Competent Authority has approved publication of newspaper advertisement/s despite new GFR provisions. In such cases too, only window advertisement should be published in newspapers alongwith publication on CPPP, GeM and website of respective organisations.
4. This issues with the approval of Competent Authority.