Commuted Leave to a Government Servant – Clarification

No.13015/1/2011-Estt. ( Leave)
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel. P.O. and Pensions
(Department of Personnel & Training)

New Delhi. the 19th October, 2011
Office Memorandum
Sub: Commuted Leave to a Government Servant who has opted out of CGHS facilities and is availing the medical facility provided by the employer of his / her spouse – clarification.

         This Department has been receiving references from various Ministries Departments seeking clarification regarding admissibility of Commuted Leave on the basis of medical certificates issued by Hospitals/Medical Practitioners approved by the employer of the spouse in cases where the concerned employee has been allowed to avail such facilities from the employer of the spouse. The matter has been considered in the light of clarification given by the Ministries of Health and Family Welfare.
            It is clarified that leave on medical grounds may be allowed on the basis of certificates issued by Hospitals / Medical Practitioners approved by the employer of the spouse in such cases.
Hindi version will follow.
(Zoya C.B.)
Under Secretary to Government of India

Source: www.persmin.nic.in
ORDER: http://documents.doptcirculars.nic.in/D2/D02est/12012_2_2009-Estt-L-20102011.pdf


  • Anonymous 11 years ago

    I was admitted to private hospital for Lap Hysterectomy and produced certificate to office. Now my employer is advising me to produce certificate approved by employer