FAQ on Children Education Allowance Scheme

No. I-11020/1/2014-Estt.(AL)Government of India/Bharat Sarkar
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
Department of Personnel & Training

The following FAQs supplement the FAQs in respect of Estt. (Allowances) Section already placed in public domain vide F. No. 21011/08/2013-Estt.(AL)


Establishment (Allowances) Section

Children Education Allowance Scheme (CEA)

SI. No. Frequently asked Questions Answer
1. Whether the examination fees as charged by the school is reimbursable? “Examination fee” has been included as part of reimbursable items as indicated in para 1(e) of O.M. dated 2nd September, 2008, subject to the fulfillment of other existing conditions vide
OM No.12011/01/2012-Estt.(AL) dated 31-07-2013. The said orders do not have a retrospective effect.
2. Whether reimbursement of
amount of fee paid during 1st and 2nd quarter could be claimed in 3rd or 4th quarter, without the fee receipts of the 3rd and 4th quarter?
No. As it is reimbursement for the whole year, original receipts for the fee paid for the 3rd/4th
quarter has to be submitted to ensure that the child has not dropped out of the school in the mid-session. O.M. No.12011/01/2013- Estt.(Allowances) dated 23.04.2013 refers.
3. Whether a Government servant is required to give a certificate that the spouse, if earning, has not claimed CEA? Yes. In terms of O.M. No.12011/01/2013-Estt. (Allowances) dated 23.04.2013, the claimant Government servant is required to furnish an undertaking that reimbursement of CEA has not been claimed in respect of the child by the spouse of the claimant.

Source: www.persmin.nic.in


Stay connected with us via Facebook, Google+ or Email Subscription.

Subscribe to Central Government Employee News & Tools by Email [Click Here]
Follow us: Twitter [click here] | Facebook [click here] Google+ [click here]


  • is children education allowance admissible in case of child is studied abroad under cbse scheme please give reply any one knows