Rail Bhawan, New Delhi.
Sub: Anomalies in MACP Scheme
Ref : Railway Board’s letter No 2013/E(LR)II/1/17 dated 12.05.2015
Scheme (MACPS) for its redressal and may please be discussed in the meeting of Federations with
|1||Counting of initial Training period for MACPS.||2|
|2||Grant of Financial up-gradation under MACPS
to the direct recruit Graduate Engineers
in Design & Drawing Cadre – Considering entry grade pay as Rs.4600 for the purpose
of MACP to all the directly recruited Engineering Graduates in Design/Drawing cadre
|3||Grant of third financial up-gradation under MACPS
on completion of 20 years of service
from the first promotion or 10 years after second promotion or 30 years after regular
appointment – whichever is earlier.
|4||Grant of financial up-gradation under MACP
Scheme on promotional hierarchy –
(instead of Grade Pay hierarchy) – as per judgment of various Courts.
|5||Promotion through LDCE (Intermediate Apprentice JEs)
should be counted as initial
appointment for Financial up-gradation under MACPS.
|6||Entry grade of Tracers and Assistant
Draftsman should be considered from the
Grade Pay of Rs.4200 for MACPS &; promotions to the merged l up-graded scales
should be ignored – as per accepted policy under MACPS
|7||Provision of all benefits on financial up-grading under MACPS
– including entitlements
for travel & treatment in hospital etc
Copy for information & favourable consideration to:
1. Additional Member l Staff, Railway Board, New DeIhi.
2. EDPC/IR, Railway Board, New DeIhi.
1. Sub:- Counting of initial Training period for MACPS.
2. Sub:- Grant of Financial up-gradation under MACPS to the direct recruit Graduate Engineers in Design & Drawing Cadre – Considering entry grade pay as Rs.4600 for the purpose of MACP to all the directly recruited Engineering Graduates in Design/Drawing cadre
3. Sub:- “Grant of third financial up-gradation under MACPS on completion of 20 years of service from the first promotion or 10 years after second promotion or 30 years after regular appointment – whichever is earlier.”
Ref: 1. RBE No.101/2009, No.PC-V/2009/ACP/2, dated – 10.06.2009,
2. RBE No.143/2010,No.PC-V/2009/ACP/2 dated – 29.09.10
3. Railway Board’s letter No: PC-V/2009/ACP/2, dated – 29.12.2011
4. Office of CPO/ICF letter No. PB/S2/MACP, dated – 21/01/2010.
4. Sub:- Grant of financial up-gradation under MACP Scheme on promotional hierarchy (instead of Grade Pay hierarchy) – as per judgment of various Courts.
|Petition No.||Applicants & respondents||Court||Judgment|
dated 31 .5.2011
|Rai Pal Versus Union of India||CAT Chandigarh||Hon. CAT Chandigarh allowed the OA No.1038/CH/2010
for grant of financial up-gradation under MA CPS in the promotional
|CWP No.19387/2011, dated 19.10.2011||Raj Pal Versus Union of India||High Court of Punjab & Haryana||Hon. High Court of Punjab Haryana upheld that there
was no infirmity in the order passed by CAT Chandigarh oA
|SLA / TA CC 7467/2013||Union of India Versus Raj Pal||Supreme Court of India||Hon. Supreme Court Dismissed the Application for
Condonation of Delay
|OA No.904/2012 dated 26.11.2012||Sanjay Kumar and 18 others Versus Union of India||CAT Delhi||Hon. CAT Delhi, allowed the OA, that respondents
should give the next higher grade Pay & Pay band
attached to the next promotional post in the hierarchy
iii.Financial up-gradation under ACP Scheme was introduced in the year 1999 and
as per the ACP scheme; a Central Govt. / Railway employee with 12 years of
regular service in the same grade was eligible for financial up-gradation to the
next promotional scale available in the cadre hierarchy. In the same way, the
employee was eligible for second financial up-gradation to the next promotional
scale available in the cadre hierarchy after the completion of 24 years of
iv. The above ACP Scheme was modified in the year 2008 and named as Modified
Assured Career Progression Scheme (MACPS). MACP Scheme contains provision for
grant of three financial up-gradation at the intervals of 10, 20 and 30 years of
regular service, and scheme envisages merely placement in the immediate next
higher Grade Pay in the hierarchy of the revised pay bands and Grade Pay as per the Revised Pay Rules, 2008.
|S. No||PROMOTIONAL HIERARCHY||PAY BAND AND GRADE PAY||REMARKS|
|1||Technician Grade-III||PB-1, G.P, Rs.1900||Direct recruitment element|
|2||Technician Grade-II||PB-1, G.P, Rs.2400||100% promotion from Tech. Gr-III|
|3||Technician Grade-I||PB-1, G.P, Rs.2800||100% promotion from Tech. Gr-II|
|4||Senior Technician||PB-2, G.P, Rs.4200||100% promotion from Tech. Gr-I|
|5||Junior Engineer||PB-2, G.P, Rs.4200||25% through seniority, 25% through LDCE & 50% through
Pay of Rs.1900 in PB-1 can get promoted to the Grade Pay of Rs.4600 in PB-2
after getting his three regular promotions.
on completion of 30 years of regular service a Technician can reach only the
Grade Pay of Rs.2800 in PB-1 as per comparison given in the table here below
PROMOTIONAL HIERARCHY FOR TECHNICIANS
PAY BAND AND GRADE PAY HIERARCHY – FOR TECHNICIANS
|Entry||PB-1, G.P, Rs.1900||Entry||PB-1, G.P, Rs.1900|
|1st Promotion||PB-1, G.P, Rs.2400||1st Financial up-gradation||PB-1, G.P, Rs.2000|
|2nd Promotion||PB-1, G.P, Rs.2800||2nd Financial up-gradation||PB-1, G.P, Rs.2400|
|3rd Promotion||PB-2, G.P, Rs.4200||3rd Financial up-gradation||PB-2, G.P, Rs.2800|
financial loss on account of the unjust policy of granting financial up-grading
as per Grade Pay hierarchy instead of Promotional hierarchy. The existing policy
defeats the very purpose for grant of MACP to compensate for the lack of
discriminately and differently implemented in various Departments like Railways
and the CPWD.
PC-V/2009/ACP/2, dated 10-06-2009 and grant financial up-gradation under MACP
scheme on the promotional Pay Band & Grade Pay (as per Court judgments cited
above) instead of immediate next higher Pay Band & Grade Pay in the hierarchy of
revised pay bands and grade pay.
5. Sub:- Promotion through LDCE (Intermediate Apprentice JEs) should be counted as initial appointment for Financial up-gradation under MACPS.
6. Sub:- Entry grade of Tracers and Assistant Draftsman should be considered from the Grade Pay of Rs.4200 for MACPS & promotions to the merged / up-graded scales should be ignored – as per accepted policy under MACPS.
7. Sub:- Provision of all benefits on financial up-grading under MACPS including entitlements for travel & treatment in hospital etc.
Stay connected with us via Facebook, Google+ or Email Subscription.