Record Notes/Minutes of Anomaly Committee Meetings held on 29th May, 2015 and 9th June 2015 issued by DoPT
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, P.G. and Pensions
Department of Personnel and Training
Establishment (JCA-I) Section
North Block. New Delhi
Dated the 19th October, 2015
Subject:- Record Note of the 5th Meeting of National Anomaly Committee (NAC) held on 29th May 2015 and 9th June, 2013.
The undersigned is directed to forward herewith a copy of the Record Note/Minutes of Anomaly Committee Meetings held on 29th May, 2015 and 9th June 2015 under the Chairmanship of Joint Secretary for information and necessary action.
Encl: As above.
Deputy Secretary (JCA)
RECORD NOTE OF THE 5th NATIONAL ANOMALY COMMITTEE (NAC) MEETING HELD ON 29th MAY, 2015
As per the request of Staff Side to discuss the pending anomalies arising out of 6th CPC, a meeting was held on 29.5.2015, in the Conference Room.72, North Block, New Delhi with the representatives of the Staff Side under the Chairpersonship of Ms. Mamta Kundra, Joint Secretary (Establishment), DoPT. A list of participants who attended the meeting‘is annexed.
2. At the outset, Shri Ashok Kumar, Director, Central Pay Commission (CPC), welcomed the representatives of the Staff Side and Official Side and expressed his firm belief and conviction that all the issues/demands can be resolved through the consultative processes. He invited Leader and Secretary Staff Side for their opening remarks on the items.
3. Staff Side have requested that all anomalies /issues of 6th CPC may be resolved /settled before the 7th CPC gives its report and there should not be any communication gap between Official Side and Staff Side. The Staff Side expressed its dissatisfaction over infrequent convening of meetings. Secretary, Staff Side also suggested that the next/early date for the meeting also be fixed. They drew attention to the Minutes of the meeting dated 17th & 27th July, 2012 on the MACP issues and wanted to know about the outcome / finality of the issues discussed and whether these are accepted partially or otherwise. Further, as per 6th CPC recommendations, various issues to be decided by the different Ministries / Departments are pending with DoPT/DoE for last several years. Staff Side expressed its anguish on non-resolution of issues and their reference to 7th CPC. They asked for a Status Report in this regard.
The items were then taken up for discussions.
Item No.2 i.e. Granting of additional pay to Loco and Running Staff.
7. Staff Side raised this issue that since Loco and Traffic Running Staff are uncommon categories, the demand may be considered. The Official Side agreed that Ministry of Finance would revisit the issue; Ministry of Railways was advised to send a fresh proposal in detail after examination, indicating the financial implication involved in the proposal.
The meeting ended with the agreement that some more issues/anomalies would be discussed in the next meeting in continuation of this meeting.
RECORD NOTE OF THE Sth NATIONAL ANOMALY COMMITTEE (NAC) MEETING HELD ON 9TH JUNE, 2015
In continuation of meeting held on 29.05.2015, a meeting of the National Anomaly Committee (NAC) was held on 09.06.2015 at 3:00 PM under the Chairpersonship of Ms. Mamta Kundra, Joint Secretary (Establishment), Deptt. of Personnel & Training in Room No.72, North Block, New Delhi.
2. Shri Asholi Chalai, Director (JCA) welcomed the representatives of the Staff Side & Official Side and invited Leader and Secretary Staff Side for their Opening remarks on the items.
3. Leader Staff Side requested for Action Taken Report as agreed upon in the earlier meeting and also enquired on the status of a full time Director, JCM.
4. Leader of Staff Side suggested that a decision regarding Pay fixation under Rule S-13 to the staff who are shouldering higher responsibilities may be taken early. They also questioned the need for the concerned Ministry to send their proposals to Finance Ministry for approvals, when the employees are promoted to same grade pay and when the competent authority could take a decision. The matter may be settled within the Ministry / Department as there has been abnormal delays for more than 2/3 years.
5(a). Leader Staff Side further mentioned that the Departmental Anomaly Committee decision at the Railway Ministries level for merger of Technician GP 2400/- with GP 2800/- allotment of Grade Pay 4600/- to Loco Pilots (Mail/Exp) and grant of additional allowance to all Running Staff. These proposals are pending with the Finance Ministry long.
5(b). He also mentioned that Railway Ministry’s proposal for allotment of GP 1800/- to those retired/died between 05.09.2008 and 15.12.2008 is pending with the Ministry of Finance. He said that these former staff are entitled for GP 1800/- as there was no scope for giving them training. He further stated that in this connection, Railway Ministry’s proposal may be connected.
The Official Side noted that suggestions of the Staff Side on the issues mentioned in para 5(a) and 5(b) of the Minutes and stated that the proposal of Ministry of Railways pending with the Ministry of Finance will be examined for appropriate course of action.
5(c). Secretary, Staff Side requested that the meeting of National Council (JCM) may be convened at the earliest so that the 10 point of demands, which have already been submitted to the Government may be discussed and resolved.
The Official Side agreed to consider this suggestion.
6. It was also submitted by the Staff Side that pay fixation of Defence personnel who are re-employed in various Ministries / Departments also needs to be finalised along with cadre restructuring proposals of Ministry of Defence and Postal employees.
7(a). Secretary, Staff Side showed concern that inspite of repeated assurances, the anomalies raised by the Staff Side could not be resolved. If these anomalies are not resolved before 7th CPC, the employees will be at a’great loss.
7(b). He also mentioned that many proposals from Ministry of Railways for merger of Technician GP 2400/- with GP 2800/- to many railway employees is pending with Ministry of Finance and this issue needs to be resolved at the earliest.
The Official Side noted that the issue of merger of grade pay of technician in Railways was already included in para 5(a) and 5(b) of the Minutes. The specific reference from Ministry of Railways will be examined and readdressed.
7(c). It was also submitted by the Staff Side that pay fixation of Defence Personnel who are re-employed in various Ministries/Departments also needs to be finalised along with cadre restructuring proposals of Ministry of Defence and Postal employees.
7(d). The Staff Side Members of Ministry of Defence raised the following issues:-
(i) a proposal for granting ACP benefits to the Labourers of Defence Establishment by granting a one time relaxation of Trade Test, since as confirmed by the Department of Expenditure, the post of unskilled and semi skilled has been merged w.e.f. 01.01.2006, the MOD proposal may be approved.
(ii) MoD proposal for granting 3% increment benefit on promotion of Master craftsman to Charge main in the same GP of Rs. 4200 may be approved.
(iii) MoD proposal for grant of bunching of increment benefits in the pre-revised pay scale of Master craftsman, pending with DoPT may be approved.
(iv) MoD’s proposal for grant of MACP in GP Rs. 4600/- to those Master Craftsman whose pay scale was upgraded w.e.f. 01.01.2006 be approved.
The Official Side informed that these were not part of the agenda for the meetings held on 29th May and 9tlh June, 2015 and therefore would be examined separately.
8. Staff side insisted that matter should be referred to PM again with their earlier agreement.
Official Side informed that as per discussions held in the meeting, the matter will be put up once again to the Finance Minister for decision in the matter.
9. The discussion held Item-wise were as under:-
Items 1 & 8: Anomaly in the Pay Band/Grade Pay of gazetted officer in pre-revised pay scale of Rs.6500-10500. Maintaining horizontal relativity between the Sections Officers of Central Sectt. and the Income-tax Officers, Superintendents of Post Offices, Superintendents of Central Excise and Customs Deptts.
Item Nos. 4 & 7:- Upgradation of Pay Band and Grade Pay of LDC, UDCs and Stenographers Gr.III in Subordinate Offices & Maintaining the horizontal parity as recommended by the 6th Central Pay Commission.
Item No.10: Store Keeping Staff
Item No.11: Children Education Allowance – Denial thereof.
Item No.12: Note on Master Craftsman in MMS under Department of Posts for discussion in the Fast Track Committee.
Meeting ended with vote of thanks to the Chair.
Meeting ended with vote of thanks to the Chair.
List of Participants who attended the Meeting of the National Anomaly Committee held on 9.06.2015
Ms Mamta Kundra
Joint Secretary (Establishment)
|OFFICIAL SIDE||STAFF SIDE|
|MS A.G. MatheW,JS(PerS)
Department of Expenditure
|Shri M.Raghavaiah, Leader|
|Shri Mohan Lal,Director (DD)||Shri S.G.Mishra, Secretary|
|Shri A.K.Qasim,DS,CBEC||Shri Guman Singh, Member|
|Smt Neera Khuntia,Railway Board||Shri R.P. Bhatnagar, Member|
|Shri Vikram Gulati,DPCII,Railway Board||Shri C.Srikumar, Member|
|Smt Mukta Goe1,Director,DoPT||Shri M.S.Raja, Member|
|Shri Arun Malik,Director(SR) D/o Posts||Shri R. Srinivasan, Member|
|Shri Surender Kumar,ADG(PC Cell) D/o Posts||Shri Rakhal DaS Gupta,Member|
|Shri Sharda Prasad, Dy. Secy. Department of Defence Production||Shri J .R. Bhosle, Member|
|Shri Manmohan Pipi1,DS(CP) D/o Defence||Shri K.K.N.Kutty, Member|
|Shri A.K. Jain, DS(Pay), DoPT|
|Shri Pushpender Kumar,US(Pay), DoPT|
Stay connected with us via Facebook, Google+ or Email Subscription.
Subscribe to Central Government Employee News & Tools by Email [Click Here]
Follow us: Twitter [click here] | Facebook [click here] | Google+ [click here]