- GroupB/Gazetted status to all railway engineers (JE, SSE, SE/IT, CMA/CMS & DMS/CDMS) as per DOPT Gazette Notification No605 dtd. 09.04.2009 as implemented in all other departments of Central Govt
- Recognition of All India Railway Engineers Federation (AIREF) and its affiliated Zonal Railway Engineers Associations as per Khanna Committee recommendation.
- To remove anomaly of 6th CPC: Grant upgraded Pay matrix equal to Rs. 5400 (PB3) to JE and Rs. 6600 (PB3) to SSE with standard designation of Assistant Engineer.
- Time bound promotion from JE to Junior Administrative Grade Officer.
- Scrap new pension scheme in Railways or make it optional.
- Grand Technical Allowance @ 30 percent to all railway engineers.
- Inclusion of father and mother in definition of family as per Indian culture.
- Remove anomaly of Modified Assured career progression (MACPS)
a. Counting of apprentice period for MACP for regular service since it is qualifying service for pension and increment.
b. Financial upgradation under MACPS to the directly recruited Graduate Engineers (head Draftsman) Considering entry Grade Pay as Rs. 4,600/ for the purpose of MACP to all the directly recruited Engineering Graduates and treating GP 4200 to diploma engineers recruited as Asstt Draftsman in Design/Drawing Cadre and other Cadres, those recruited one stage lower at that time.
c. Third financial upgradation under MACPS on completion of 20 years of service from the first promotion or 10 years after second promotion or 30 years after regular appointment whichever is earlier. 03/12/2015
- Stop immediately implementation of integrated seniority as per Rly Bd. Letter no. RBE 92/2015 for the purpose of promotion/selection to GroupB posts.
- Open a promotional channel to qualified loco pilots to become JE / SSE through LDCE / GDCE.
- Provide entitlement in Tatkal ticket through privilege / duty passes/ PTOs.
- Provide eticket facility to Railway employees on pass/ PTOs / epass.
- Remove restriction of no. of tickets in Rajdhani/ Shatabdi / Duranto express trains on passes / PTOs.
- Provision of accidental insurance of Rs. 20 lakhs to all railway engineers.
- Provision of LTC to railway engineers on inland or foreign tours once in two years.
- No corporatisation in Indian Railways and its Production Units.
- Provision reimbursement of tuition fee of children studying in higher education ( Engg. / Medical / MBA etc)
- Provision improved rest house facilities at all major railway stations for Railway Engineers or provide hotel / retiring room facility as admissible to all Central Govt. employees.
- Rename the training institutes as Railway Engineers’ Training Institutes instead of Supervisors’ Training Institutes.
- Ensure CUG facilities to all Railway Engineers and increase the CUG utility amount to minimum Rs 500/ for JE and equivalent and Rs 1000/ for SSE and equivalent.
- Provide brief case to all Railway Engineers irrespective of any condition.
- Set up technical library in all divisional / HQ office including workshops, loco sheds under functional management of Engineers Associations of the unit.
- Stop unnecessary inspections on Sundays & holidays by higher officers except during unusual incidences like accidents, derailments. etc.
- Ensure compulsory weekly rest to field staff and to implement 8 hours duty schedule, sanction additional night duty posts of Engineers where it is not yet exists
- Fill up all existing vacant posts to stop shortcut method.
- Create new posts as per new assets.
- Increase exemption limit Income tax to Rs 8 Lakhs and exemption of all allowances from Income tax.
AIREF expresses that the seventh CPC has ignored all factors i.e. education, duties and responsibilities of the railway engineers, and only concentrated on upgrading the pay structures of noncore, nontechnical and non safety categories, Engineer Sanjib warned that it will affect seriously the government’s dream project to run a bullet train in the future.
Stay connected with us via Facebook, Google+ or Email Subscription.