These employees will get 100% hike even without Pay Commission
New Delhi: It is ironical that while central government employees are protesting the meager pay hike received under 7th Pay Commission, the Members of Parliament are likely to get a 100 percent hike in salary soon.
As per reports, the PMO has agreed to the hike in the salary of the Members f Parliament. The Joint Committee on Salaries and Allowances of Members of Parliament headed by BJP MP Yogi Adityanath had recommended hike in basic compensation of MPs from Rs 1,90,000 per month to Rs 2,80,000 per month (salary along with constituency and office staff allowances).
The government had last revised the MPs’ salary in 2010. PMO has also agreed to the hike in its own allowances.
The salary of the President of India is also expected to go up from the existing Rs 1.5 lakh per month to Rs 5 lakh. State governor’s salary is seen rising to Rs 2.5 lakh per month from the current Rs 1.10 lakh per month.
The government is likely to bring separate bills in the winter session of Parliament, starting November 16 for the salary hikes for President, Governors and MPs. The salary raise of the vice-president, who is also chairman of the Rajya Sabha, will also be sough during the session.
Some more allowances hike likely are as follows:
- MP’s constituency allowance-It will rise to Rs 90,000 per month from existing Rs 45,000 every month
- The secretarial assistance and office allowance- It is seen going up Rs 90,000 from Rs 45,000.
- Annual furniture allowance for MPs’ official residence- It rises to Rs 1,50,000 a year.
- Free broadband for residential space worth Rs 1,700 per month.
- The monthly pensions for former MPs rises from Rs 20,000 to Rs 35,000 per month.
- Those MPs who served for more than five years would get an additional amount in pension — the number of years multiplied by Rs 2,000.
- Free government accommodation, air travel and train travel facilities,three landline telephone connections,two mobile phones, a loan of Rs 4 lakh to buy a vehicle are other perks given to the Parliamentarians.
Read at: http://www.kashmirmonitor.in/Details/111923/these-employees-will-get-100-hike-even-without-pay-commission