Subject:- Reservation for candidates from Other Backward Classes – Revision of Income Criteria and determining equivalence of posts in Central Public Sector Enterprises (CPSEs), Public Sector Banks, Public Financial Institutions, etc. with Posts in Government for establishing Creamy Layer criteria – regarding
Reservation for OBCs – Revision of Income Criteria – Equivalence of posts in CPSE/Banks for Creamy Layer Criteria: DoPT OM 08.06.2018
Reservation for OBCs – Revision of Income Criteria – Equivalence of posts in CPSE/Banks with posts in Govt for establishing Creamy Layer Criteria: DoPT OM 08.06.2018
F. No. 36033/2/2018-Estt.(Res.)
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
Department of Personnel and Training
Establishment (Reservation-I) Section
North Block, New Delhi
Dated June 8, 2018
The Chief Secretaries of all States / Union Territories
I am directed to invite attention to this Department’s Office Memorandum No. 36012/22/93-Estt,(SCT) dated 08.09.1993 which, inter-alia provided that sons and daughters of persons having gross annual income of Rs.1 lakh or above for a period of three consecutive years would fall within the ‘creamy layer’ and would not be entitled to get the benefit of reservation available to the Other Backward Classes.
2. The aforesaid limit of income for determining the creamy layer status was subsequently raised to Rs. 2.5 lakh, Rs. 4.5 lakh Rs. 6 lakh and Rs. 8 lakh vide this Department’s O.M. No. 36033/3/2004-Estt.(Res.) dated 09.03.2004, O.M. No.36033/3/2004-Estt. (Res) dated 14.10.2008, O.M. No. 36033/1/2013-Estt.(Res.) dated 27.05.2013 and CM. No. 36033/1/2013-Estt. (Res) dated 13.09.2017, respectively.
3. This Department is in receipt of references seeking clarification on the status of equivalence and revision of income criteria, in Central Public Sector Enterprises (CPSEs) and Financial Institutions with posts in Government. In this regard, copies of the following Office Memorandums issued by Department of Public Enterprises, Department of Financial Services and this Department are enclosed for ready reference:
i) O.M. No. 36033/1/2013-Estt.(Res.) dated 13.09.2017 of this Department regarding revision of income criteria;
ii) O.M. No. DPE-GM-/0020/2014-GM-FTS-1740 dated 25.10.2017 of the Department of Public Enterprises on establishing equivalence of posts in Central Public Sector Enterprises (CPSEs) with Posts in Government for establishing Creamy Layer criteria; and
iii) O.M. No. 19/4/2017-Welfare dated 06.12.2017 of the Department of Financial Services on establishing equivalence of posts in respect of Public Sector Banks, Public Financial Institutions, Public Sector Insurance Companies.
4. It is requested to please bring the contents of the above mentioned O.M.s/ instructions to the notice of all concerned for information / compliance.
Under Secretary to the Government of India
Telefax – 23092110
1. All the Ministries/Departments of the Government of India
2. Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Shastri Bhawan, New Delhi
3. Department of Public Enterprises, CGO Complex, Lodi Road, New Delhi.
4. Department of Financial Services, Jeevan Deep Building, Parliament Street, New Delhi
5. National Commission for Backward Classes, Trikoot-1, Bhikaji Cama Place, R. K. Puram, New Delhi
6. Hindi Section for providing a translation
7. Guard File