Subject: – Clarification on Department of Posts Postman and Mail Guard (Group ‘C’) Recruitment Rules, 2018.
1. Circle/ Issue –
2. Circle/ Issue –
3. Circle/ Issue –
- At the time of inviting application for appearing in examination, candidates may be asked to exercise order of preference for Recruiting Units (All Divisions).
- The candidates belonging to postal divisions shall indicate order of preference for postal divisions excluding parent division (s) followed by RMS divisions.
- The candidates belonging to RMS divisions shall indicate order of preference for RMS divisions excluding parent division (s) followed by postal divisions.
- It should be clarified that candidates should exercise preference for all Recruiting Units for consideration. In case preference is exercised for a limited number of units and could not be allocated to one of those units as per merit vis a vis vacancy in the category he/ she belongs to, he/ she will not be considered for other recruiting units not preferred even though a candidate lower m rank to him/ her is considered who has opted for that unit.
- Order of preference once exercised shall not be changed.
- At first, two merit lists for each division/recruiting unit shall be prepared for Qualified candidates
(i) One of MTS candidates, and
(ii) One of GDS candidates.
- Qualified candidates shall be allocated to their respective parent recruiting unit in the order of merit vis a vis category in which selected vis a vis availability of vacancy in the respective category (for the purpose of vertical I horizontal reservation).
- After allocation of candidates to their respective Parent Unit (Postal Divisions I RMS Divisions), four separate merit lists for the entire Circle shall be prepared for all such candidates who could not be adjusted/ allocated against their Parent Unit (s), viz.
(i) MTS of all Postal divisions
(ii) MTS of all RMS divisions
(iii) GDS of all Postal divisions
(iv) GDS of all RMS divisions
- A reserve category candidate selected against an unreserved vacancy on •own merit shall have choice to migrate to reserve category if by doing so he/she can be allocated to a Unit, which is higher in the order of preference exercised by him/her. Therefore, an undertaking to this effect shall be included m the application for appearing m examination.
a) Postman: Division wise lists of candidates in order of merit who have been allocated to parent unit followed by list of surplus qualified candidates, who were not allocated to Parent Unit/ Division and allocated to other Recruiting Units/Divisions based on merit, shall be published for each division.
4. Circle/ Issue –
Andhra Pradesh and Karnataka: The revised syllabi and pattern for LDCE for the cadre of Postman I Mailguard as per the educational qualification I.e. 12th standard, prescribed m the Revised Recruitment Rules of Postman I Mail Guard, 2018.
Syllabus and pattern of LDCE examination has been revised as per Directorate’s letter no. 17-08/2018- SPB-I dated 10.05.2019.
5. Circle/ Issue –
Andhra Pradesh: Whether the DR vacancies of the year 2017-18 can be offered to GDS surplus qualified candidates as per the provisions of New RRs under Rules 10(iii)(b) & (c) OR these vacancies can be included in the vacancy position of 2018 to fill up as per new Recruitment Rules.
O.M No. AB.14017/13/2013-Estt.(RR)(1349) of Department of Personnel & Training (DOPT) states as under:-
Further, clarification has already been issued vide letter number 37-10/2002-SPB-I dt. 14.11.2002 which states as follows-
6. Circle/ Issue –
Point No. (iii) under column 10 of the Schedule of Department of Posts (Postman and Mailguard) Recruitment Rules, 2018 may be referred to in this regard. Only those GDS who have worked regularly for five years in that capacity as on the 1st day of January of the year to which the vacancy (ies) belongs are eligible.
7. Circle/ Issue –
Rajasthan Circle: In the RRs of Postman and Mail Guard, it is mentioned that age and educational qualifications prescribed for direct recruits will not apply in the case of promotees. However, there is no mention about the other qualifications in the column no. 8 of RRs as mentioned in column no. 7.
Observations of the Circle have been noted. Amendment of Department of Posts Postman and Mail Guard (Group ‘C’) Recruitment Rules (RRs), 2018 to this extent is under consideration.
8. Circle/ Issue –
Karnataka Circle: To provide SOP for departmental examination.
SOP for Departmental Examinations is under process.