Checking of excess pension payment: Railway Board Order
Government of India
Ministry of Railways
RBA No. 103/2019
No. 2012/AC-II/21/6(PART)/Spot check
New Delhi dated 21 .11.2019
Pr. Financial Advisor,
All Zonal Railways/Production Units.
Sub:- Checking of excess pension payment.
Ref:- 1. Board’s letter no. No. 2010/A-II/21/10 dated 11.08.2011.
2. Board’s letter No. 2012/AC-II/21/6)Part) dated 27.5.2015.
3. Board’s letter of even no. dated 28.9.2018, 17.6.2019 and 14.8.2019 (RBA No. 109/2018, 49/ 2019 and 68/ 2019),
In supersession of Board’s instructions issued vide letters ibid, all Zonal Railways/Production units are advised to send MIS reports of Internal Checks and Spot checks of Pension payments/Pension debits in the following format.
(a) Internal check in Accounts Office:
|Month-Year of Internal check||Name of the Public Sector bank where over payment has been detected||Total amount of over payment detected at the bank so far||Total amount of over payment yet to be refunded by the bank (to the end of the month.)||References made by the Railway to the bank for refund of these over payments (along with letter no. and date)||Reply received from the bank, if any|
(b) Spot checks of Pension :
|Month-Year of spot check||Name of the bank where over payment has been detected (A)||Total amount of over payment detected at the bank so far||Total amount of over payment yet to be refunded by the bank (to the end of the month.)||References made by the Railway to the bank for refund of these over payments (along with letter no. and latest date)||Reply if any received from the bank.|
(c) Reasons stated by the banks for delay/non-refund of amount.
(d) Position of concurrent reconciliation of pension debits:
- Status regarding receipt of e- debit scrolls from the banks in conformity with the formats suggested in Board’s letter of even number dated 14.8.2019 ( RBA No. 68/ 2019).
- Efforts taken by the Railway in this regard.
- Specific response given by the defaulting bank, if any.
- Any other information as deemed fit.
Suitable arrangements may kindly be made to send these reports on RBRMS application which is available in Railnet at http :/ /lo.50.19.91/rbchasing in excel format by 15th of every month.
This issues with the approval of PED/A.
Joint Director Accounts
Source: Railway Board