Rush of expenditure Financial Year 2019-20 – CGA O.M dated 21 FEB 2020
Govt. of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Expenditure
O/o Controller General of Accounts
Mahalekha Niyantrak Bhawan,
Block-E, GPO Complex, INA, New Delhi
No. MF.CGA/ITD/Reports/Support/2019-20/Pt. File/ 2981
Dated: 21 February 2020
Subject:- Rush of expenditure in the last quarter of financial year — 2019-20-reg.
Reference is invited to Dept. of Expenditure, Ministry of Finance, New Delhi OM no. 23(2\/E-Coord/2018 dated 24/01/2020 on the above mentioned subject and office of CGA OM no. 3(1)GFR-Exp.Control/TA-II/2018-19/78 dated 11-02-2020 wherein Pr. CCAs/CCAS/Cas (IC) were requested to co-ordinate matter to inter-alia ensure that sanctions and bills are paced evenly during March 2020 to avoid rush of expenditure and potential system overload in PFMS.
2. With a view to avoid a situation of system overload that may adversely affect the smooth payment process in PFMS, it has been decided to adopt staggered timing for Ministries / Departments divided into two Groups for pushing expenditure through PFMS preferably as per details below:
a) Group A: 07:30 AM — 01:30 PM
b) Group B: 01:30 PM — 07:30 PM
3. The group-wise distribution of Ministries / Departments is enclosed.
4. All Pr.CCAs/CCAs/CAs (IC) are requested to follow the action points given below for avoidance of PFMS system overload.
i. The Pr. AO and all PAOs may be advised to preferably abide by their respective staggered timing for pushing payments through PFMS.
ii. it may be ensured by co-ordinating with the concerned authorities that all regular sanctions and bills are preferred on PFMS by 15 March 2020. Only sanctions / bills pending to the last batch of Supplementary Demands for Grants or any exceptional case may be preferred thereafter with the approval of the Financial Adviser.
iii. The pendency position of bills may be monitored at the end of each day through Reports Module of PFMS (CAM Reports — MIS — MIS 01 — Bills Status Report and MIS-02-Bill Pendency Report) with a view to keep the bills under process to a bare minimum.
5. AS mobilization and accounting of receipts in a timely manner is also an imperative requirement, data entry of all non-tax revenues and capital receipts (Revised estimates and actual) may be carried out timely.
6. The PFMS will be functional on all days upto 31st March, 2020 (including Saturdays, Sundays and Gazetted Holidays), Pr. CCAs/CCAs/CAs(IC) shall keep their PrAOQ and PAOs open for clearing of pending bills. Suitable instructions for availability of DDOs and other departmental officers during this period may be issued.
This issues with the approval of Controller General of Accounts.
(Harish Kumar Srivastav)
Joint Controller General of Accounts
Click here to view list of the two groups
All Pr. CCAs/CCAs/CAs (IC)
Sr. PS to CGA.
PS to Addl. CGAs.
All Jt. CGAs/CC(Pension)/Director (INGAF).
All Dy. CGAs/ACGAs.
Sr. AO, ITD for uploading on website.