CGDA: Submission of claims/bills through Fax/e-mail or any other mode of communication from 26 March to 31st March 2020 in view of ongoing lockdown in country.
CONTROLLER GENERAL OF DEFENCE ACCOUNTS
Ulan Batar Road, Palam, Delhi Cantt-110010
No. AN/UI/3012/Circular/ Vol. VII
Dated 27th Mar 2020
(Through CGDA Website)
Sub: Submission of claims/bills through Fax/e-mail or any other mode of communication from 26 March to 31st March 2020.
In continuation of this office circular even no. dated 19.03.2020, 23.03.2020 and 25.03.2020, reference is invited to DO F No. 23(4)/E-Coord/ 2020/1 dated 26.03.2020 from Secretary Expenditure (copy enclosed), wherein it has been indicated that in some of the cases Drawing & Disbursing officer (DDOs)/Executive authorities/ Units are not able to obtain originals of vendor documents including invoices etc. in order to make payments in accordance with the normal payment rules because of ongoing lockdown in the country.
2. It has been decided that in relaxation or modification of rules if necessary to allow DDOs to use photocopies of vendor documents as supporting documents for payment of bills, subject to such photocopies being authenticated by the DDO with his/her signature and office seal. The original shall be required to be furnished as early as possible.
3. Accordingly, in order to avoid any hardship to the procuring entities and suppliers/vendors and to ensure timely settlement of their claims, it has been decided that during the period up to 31 March 2020 suppliers/ vendors may submit their claims to the concerned Executive authority/Unit by Fax/e-mail or any other mode of communication. The Executive authority / Unit will authenticate this copy of the claim submitted by the vendor under his signature and affix a certificate on the body of the bill to the effect that this is the first payment against the claim authenticated by him and under no circumstances this claim will be presented in future for payment. The original claim will be submitted for post check and record of the PCDAs/CDAs/ Paying authorities as early as possible in support of the payment claimed through this copy. Executive authority/ Unit after conducting all necessary checks and following the due process will prepare and submit bill with authenticated copy of claim to the concerned PCDAs/CDAs/ Paying authorities for his examination and payment.
4. All PCDAs/CDAs are directed to ensure that there is no disruption in the payment of bills especially in view of the closing of FY 2019-2020.
5. This issues with the approval of CGDA.
(Rajeev Ranjan Kumar)
1. Secretary (Defence Finance)
3. ACNS (P&P), DNP
4. ACAS (FP), Financial Planning Directorate Air HOrs
6. DG Coast Guard
7. Secretary, DRDO
(Rajeev Ranjan Kumar)