Preventive measures to achieve social distancing due to Covid 19 — permission to teaching and non-teaching staff to work from home
|AMIT KHARE, IAS
|Government of India
Ministry of Human Resource Development
Departments of Higher Education
School Education & Literacy
‘C’ Wing, Shastri Bhawan,
New Deihi-110 001
D.O. No. Secy(H E)/MHRD/2020
21st March, 2020
Director General, NTA
All Autonomous organization under MHRD
Subject:- Preventive measures to achieve “social distancing” — permission to teaching and non-teaching staff to work from home
Kindly refer to my previous D.O. No. Secy(HR)/MHRD/2020 Dt 18.03.2020 whereby all on-going examinations and evaluation work were required to be postponed till 31.03.2020.
2. In order to ensure safety of the Faculty members/ Teachers/ Researchers/ Non-Teaching staff of educational institutions, the following further precautions, should be taken:
- Faculty members/ Teachers/Researchers/Non-Teaching staff under your organisation should be permitted and advised to work from home till 31.03.2020.
- Faculty members/Teachers/Researchers should utilise this period for various academic activities such as:
- Development of on-line content, on-line teaching and on-line evaluation.
- Prepare lesson plan and develop instructional material for the courses to be offered during next academic year/next semester.
- Carry on research.
- Write articles, papers etc.
- Prepare innovative questions for “Question Bank”.
- Prepare innovative projects on “Ek bharat Shrestha Bharat” ‘and other topics.
- The said period shall be counted as being on duty for all Faculty members/ Teachers/ Researchers/Non-teaching staff including Ad-hoc and contract Teachers whose contracts are valid at least upto 31.03.2020.
- Students, who are still in the hostels, particularly foreign students should be allowed to continue in their hostels and advised to take all necessary safety precaution.
3. All Faculty members/Teachers/Researchers/Non-teaching staff should provide their contact details i.e Mobile No., email id, etc to their institutions so that they may be contacted in case of emergency.
Copy to the Chief Secretary of all States and UTs with a request to consider similar guidelines for the educational institutions under their control.