BSNL VRS-2019: Grant of time bound financial up-gradation under EPP/NEPP in respect of the VRS- 2019 retirees, which was due before their voluntary retirement on 31.01.2020
BHARAT SANCHAR NIGAM LIMITED
(A Government of India Enterprise)
Bharat Sanchar Bhawan
H.C. Mathur Lane, New Delhi-01
Dated: 18th August, 2020
All Heads of Telecom Circles &
All Heads of Other Administrative Units,
Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited
Subject: Grant of time bound financial up-gradation under EPP/NEPP in respect of the VRS- 2019 retirees, which was due before their voluntary retirement on 31.01.2020.
Attention is invited to Para 2 (j) of VRS Scheme circulated vide letter No.1-15/2019-PAT(BSNL) dated 4th November, 2019, which stipulates that “salary” means Basic Pay plus Dearness Allowance thereon as applicable on the effective date of voluntary retirement. Para 6.1(a) of the Scheme further stipulates that ex-gratia compensation will be payable on the basis of salary i.e. Basic Pay plus Dearness Allowance drawn by the employees on the effective date of voluntary retirement. It was expected that time bound financial up-gradation under EPP/NEPP in respect of the VRS-2019 retirees were granted from the dates on which it was due. However, it has come to notice of the Corporate Office that time bound financial up-gradation in respect of some of the VRS-2019 retirees, which was due before their voluntary retirement on 31.01.2020, have not been granted so far. This will have a bearing on the pension and terminal benefits including Ex-Gratia of such VRS retirees. As you are already aware, the amount of Ex-Gratia is to be paid by DOT, Govt. of India and the fourth installment of Ex-Gratia is also to be released by DOT shortly.
2. As a one-time measure, time bound financial upgradation under the EPP/NEPP, which was due to VRS retirees before their retirement, may be completed latest by 30th August, 2020. It may also be ensured that no case of upgradation under EPP/NEPP in respect of VRS optees is left out. The Circles are required to furnish a certificate signed by CGM, GM(HR) and IFA that all such cases have been completed. Any case of time bound upgradation of VRS retirees being reported later on will be viewed seriously and the concerned officers / official will be held personally responsible for any short payment received from DOT.
3. This issues with the approval of Competent Authority,
Asstt. General Manager (Estt.1)
Tel. No. 23037477
1. Sr.PPS to CMD, BSNL, New Delhi.
7. Sr.PPS to All Directors, BSNL Board.
3. CVO, BSNL CO, Eastern Court Complex, Janpath, New Delhi.
4. CS &CGM (Legal) / All PGMs / Sr. GMs / GMs in BSNL CO New Delhi.
5. BSNL Intranet / Guard File.