Research Officer Group A Post Recruitment Rules, 2020 in the National Atlas and Thematic Mapping Organisation, Department of Science and Technology
MINISTRY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
( Department of Science and Technology )
New Delhi, the 19th August, 2020
G.S.R. 122.—In exercise of the powers conferred by the proviso to article 309 of the Constitution and in supersession of the National Atlas and Thematic Mapping Organisation ( Research Officer ) Recruitment Rules, 1989 except as respects things done or omitted to be done before such supersession, the President hereby makes the following rules regulating the method of recruitment to the post of Research Officer in the National Atlas and Thematic Mapping Organisation, Department of Science and Technology, Ministry of Science and Technology namely:-
1. Short title and commencement.—(1) These rules may be called the Ministry of Science and Technology, National Atlas and Thematic Mapping Organisation, Research Officer (Group ‘A’ Post ) Recruitment Rules, 2020.
(2) They shall come into force on the date of their publication in the Official Gazette.
2. Number of posts, classification and level in pay matrix.—The number of the said post, its classification, level in the pay matrix attached thereto shall be as specified in columns (2) to (4) of the Schedule annexed to these rules.
3. Method of recruitment, age-limit and other qualifications etc.—The method of recruitment, age-limit, qualifications and other matters relating to the said posts shall be as specified in columns (5) to (13) of the said Schedule.
4. Disqualification.—No person, –
(a) who has entered into or contracted a marriage with a person having a spouse living; or
(b) who, having a spouse living, has entered into or contracted a marriage with any person,
shall be eligible for appointment to the said posts:
Provided that the Central Government may, if satisfied that such marriage is permissible under the personal law applicable to such person and the other party to the marriage and that there are other grounds for so doing, exempt any person from the operation of this rule.
5. Power to relax.—Where the Central Government is of the opinion that it is necessary or expedient so to do, it may, by order and for reasons to be recorded in writing and in consultation with Union Public Service Commission, relax any of the provisions of these rules with respect to any class or category or persons.
6. Saving.—Nothing in these rules shall affect reservation, relaxation of age-limit and other concessions required to be provided for the Scheduled Castes, the Scheduled Tribes, the Other Backward Classes, the Ex-servicemen and other Special Categories of persons, in accordance with the orders issued by the Central Government from time to time in this regard.
|Name of the post||Number of Post||Classification||Level in the Pay matrix|
* Subject to variation
dependent on workload
in the pay
|Whether Selection or Non -Selection post||Age limit for direct recruits||Educational and other qualifications required for direct recruits||Whether age and educational qualifications prescribed for direct recruits will apply in case of promotees|
|35 years of age.
(Relaxable for Government servants upto five years in accordance with the instructions or orders issued by the Central Government).Note: The crucial date for determining the agelimit shall be closing date for receipt of applications from candidates and not the closing date prescribed for those in Assam, Meghalaya, Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, Manipur, Nagaland, Tripura, Sikkim, Lahaul and Spiti District and Pangi Sub-Division of Chamba District of Himachal Pradesh and the Union territories of Ladakh, Andaman and Nicobar Islands and Lakshdweep.
(ii)Five years experience in Geographical and Cartographical teaching or research involving collection of data and preparation of maps on various themes.
Note 1: Qualifications are relaxable at the discretion of Union Public Service Commission, for reasons to be recorded in writing, in the case of candidates otherwise well qualified.
Note 2: The qualification regarding experience is relaxable at the discretion of the Union Public Service Commission, for reasons to be recorded in writing, in the case of candidates belonging to
|(i) Age: No;
(To the extent as
indicated in column (11)
of this Schedule).
Period of probation, if any
Method of recruitment whether by direct recruitment or by promotion or by deputation/absorption and percentage of the vacancies to be filled by various methods
One year for
67 percent by direct
In case of recruitment by promotion/ deputation/ absorption grade from which promotion/ deputation/ absorption to be made
Scientific officer in Level-7 in the pay matrix ( Rs.44900-142400) with three years of regular service in the grade and having masters degree in Geography or Geology or Applied Geology or Geoinformatics or Geographical Information System and Remote Sensing or Geomatics or Geospatial Technology from a recognised University or institute and having successfully completed two weeks of advance training in geospatial technology from any recognized institution.
Note: Where juniors who have completed their qualifying or eligibility service are being considered for promotion, their seniors would also be considered provided they are not short of the requisite qualifying or eligibility service by more than half of such qualifying or eligibility service or two years. Whichever is less, and have successfully completed probation period for promotion to the next higher grade along with their juniors who have completed such qualifying or eligibility service.
Deputation (including short term contract): officers of Central Government or State Governments or Union Territories or autonomous or statutory organizations or public sector undertakings or recognized Universities or research institutions:
(a)(i) holding analogous posts on regular basis in the parent cadre or department; or
(b) possessing the educational qualifications and experience prescribed for direct recruits under column (7).
Note 1: The period of deputation including the period of deputation in another Ex-cadre post held immediately preceding this appointment in the same or some
Note 2: The maximum age-limit for appointment by deputation shall be not exceeding fifty six years as on the last date of receipt of applications.
Note 3: The departmental officers in the feeder category who are in the direct line of promotion shall not be eligible for consideration for appointment on deputation.
Similarly, the deputationist shall not be eligible for consideration for appointment by promotion.
|If Departmental Promotion Committee exists, what is its composition||
Circumstances in which Union Public Service Commission is to be consulted m making recruitments.
|Group ‘A‘ Departmental Promotion Committee (for considering promotion) consisting of:-
(1) Chairman or Member of the Union Public Service Commission -Chairman
Group ‘A’ Departmental Promotion Confirmation Committee (for considering confirmation) consisting of:–
Consultation with Union