Assistant Group B Recruitment Rules, 2020 in the National Fire Service College, Nagpur under MHA
MINISTRY OF HOME AFFAIRS
New Delhi, the 5th October, 2020
G.S.R. 141 .—In exercise of the powers conferred by the proviso to article 309 of the Constitution and in supersession of the N.F.S.C. Class III and IV (Recruitment) Rules, 1957 in so far as they relate to the post of Head Clerk except as respect things done or omitted to be done before such supersession, the President hereby makes the following rules regulating the method of recruitment to the post of Assistant in the National Fire Service College, Nagpur under the Ministry of Home Affairs, namely:-
1. Short title and commencement.— (1) These rules may be called the Ministry of Home Affairs, National Fire Service College, Nagpur, Assistant, (Group B) Recruitment Rules, 2020.
(2) They shall come into force on the date of their publication in the official Gazette.
2. Number of post, classification and level in the pay matrix.—The number of post, its classification and the level in the pay matrix shall be as specified in columns (2) to (4) of the Schedule annexed to these rules.
3. Method of Recruitment, age-limit, qualifications etc.— The method of recruitment, age-limit, qualifications and other matters relating to the said post shall be as specified in columns (5) to (13) of the said schedule.
4. Disqualifications.— No person,-
(a) who has entered into or contracted a marriage with a person having a spouse living; or
(b) who, having a spouse living has entered into or contracted a marriage with any person, shall be eligible for appointment to the said post:
Provided that the Central Government may, if satisfied that such marriage is permissible under the personal law applicable to such person and other party to the marriage and that there are other grounds for so doing, exempt any person from operation of this rule.
5. Power to relax.— Where the Central Government is of the opinion that it is necessary or expedient so to do, it may, by order, for reasons to be recorded in writing and in consultation with the Union Public Service Commission, relax any of the provisions of these rules with respect to any class or category of persons.
6. Saving.— Nothing in these rules shall affect reservations, relaxation of age-limit and other concessions required to be provided for the Scheduled Castes, the Scheduled Tribes, Other Backward Class, Ex-servicemen and other special categories of persons in accordance with orders issued by the Central Government from time to time in this regard.
|Name of post||Number of post||Classification||Level in the Pay Matrix||Whether selection post or non- selection post|
|Assistant||Two (2020) subject to variation dependent on workload.||General Central Service, Group B, Non-Gazetted, Ministerial||Level 6 (Rs.35400- 112400/-) in the Pay matrix||Selection|
|Age-limit for direct recruits||Educational and other qualifications required for direct recruits||Whether age and educational qualifications prescribed for direct recruits will apply in the case of promotees||Period of probation, if any
|Not applicable||Not applicable||Not applicable||Two years for promotees|
|Method of recruitment whether by direct recruitment or by promotion or by deputation or absorption and percentage of the vacancies to be filled by various methods||In case of recruitment by promotion or deputation or absorption, grades from which promotion or deputation or absorption to be made|
|By Promotion failing which by Deputation.||
Upper Division Clerk and Hostel Warden of NFSC, Nagpur in Level 4 (Rs.25500-81100/-) in the Pay matrix with ten years’ regular service in the grade rendered after appointment thereto on regular basis and successful completion of 2-4 weeks training in the field as prescribed by Department.
Note 1.- The eligibility list for promotion shall be prepared with reference to the date of completion of ten years of regular service by the officials in Pay Level-4 (25500-81100) in the pay matrix in the post of Hostel warder or Upper Division Clerk.
Note 2.-Where juniors who have completed their qualifying or eligibility service are being considered for promotion, their seniors would also be considered provided they are not short of the requisite qualifying or eligibility service by more than half of such qualifying or eligibility service or two years, whichever is less and have successfully completed their probation period for promotion to the next higher grade along with their juniors who have already completed such qualifying or eligibility service.
Officers under the Central Government or State Government or Union Territories:-
(A) (i) holding analogous post on a regular basis in the parent cadre or department, or
(ii) with six years’ regular service in the grade rendered after appointment thereto on regular basis in Level 5 (Rs.29200- 92300/-)in the parent cadre or department, and
(B)Possessing the following educational qualifications and experience:
(a) Bachelor’s Degree of a recognised University or Institute, and
(b) two years’ experience in establishment, accounts and general administration.
Note 1: The departmental officers in the feeder category who are in the direct line of promotion shall not be eligible for consideration of appointment on deputation. Similarly, deputationists shall not be eligible for consideration for appointment by promotion.
Note 2: Period of deputation including period of deputation spent in any other ex-cadre post held immediately preceding this appointment in the same or some other organisation or department of the Central Government shall ordinarily not to exceed three years. The maximum age limit for appointment by deputation shall be not exceeding 56 years as on the closing date of receipt of applications.
|If a Departmental Promotion Committee exists, what is its Composition||Circumstances in which Union Public Service Commission is to be consulted in making recruitment|
Group ‘B’ Departmental Promotion Committee (for considering promotion) consisting of:-
I. Director General (Fire Service, Civil Defence and Home Guards)- Chairman
2. Fire Advisor, Office of Director General (Fire Service, Civil Defence and Home Guards) – Member
3. Administrative Head of National Fire Service College, Nagpur – Member
Group ‘B’ Departmental Confirmation Committee (for confirmation) consisting of :-
1. Director General (Fire Service, Civil Defence and Home Guards) -Chairman
2. Administrative Head of National Fire Service College, Nagpur – Member
3. Representative of Disaster Management Division – Member
|Consultation with the Union Public Service Commission is not necessary.|
[F. No. I-12013/2/2017-Ad(CD)]
GOURI SHANKAR JHA, Under Secy.