Booking of International airmails – EMS, Parcels & ITPS: Department of Posts O.M 14th Oct 2020
Government of India
Ministry of Communications
Department of Posts (IR & GB Division)
Dak Bhawan, Sansad Marg
New Delhi- 110001
Date: 14 October 2020
Subject: Booking of International airmails – EMS, Parcels & ITPS.
The resumption of International mail services has been reviewed with reference to the availability of flight schedule of Vande Bharat mission of Air India and other Cargo Flights. The last review was done and communicated vide this office letter dated 05.08.2020.
2. Accordingly, following is decided: –
- Extending the list of countries for booking of EMS from 44 to 67 countries, ITPS from 14 to 15 countries and Air parcel from 45 to 82 countries as per attached list (Annexure -1).
- Resumption of booking of International Letter Post articles for 82 countries as per attached list (Annexure -1).
- Continue the suspension of booking for rest of the countries of mail till further orders.
- Revised list of countries and services as per para 1 and 2.2 will be effective from 15 October 2020.
3. Delivery of these articles to foreign destinations may not be possible as per the delivery standards mentioned in the Citizen’s Charter or standards agreed and published otherwise on the website of the Therefore, members of public/ customers should be duly informed about the list of countries for which services have been resumed and also about the likely delays in transmission and delivery of their articles due to limited connectivity in Covid 19 situation. Senders may be allowed to recall their articles , if not already dispatched due to non- availability of flights.
4. The list of countries for which booking is allowed should also be displayed prominently at the post office premises for information of the public.
5. Further, taking note of few incidents of booking and dispatch of parcels containing prohibited/ dangerous goods resulting in hold of mail, as reported by airlines, all the booking offices should be instructed to ensure proper check at the time of booking and filing of custom declaration form with utmost care.
(Ram Naresh Sikaria)
- All Chief Postmasters General
- GM (CEPT), Mysore- with request to upload this OM on India Post website and enable booking of EMS, Air Parcel, ITPS and Letter mail for the countries listed in attached annexure with immediate effect as well as enable printing of the message “Delivery may be delayed due to Covid” on the booking receipt issued to the customers .
- DOG (Marketing) , for wide publicity of the list of countries for which mail booking will be available .
|Sr. No||EMS||Air Parcel||ITPS||Letter|
|11||China||Burkina Faso||Singapore||Burkina Faso|
|13||Democratic Republic of Congo||Canada||Sri Lanka||Canada|
|16||Finland||Czech Republic||Czech Republic|
|18||Germany||Democratic Republic of Congo||Democratic Republic of Congo|
|26||Japan||Hong Kong||Hong Kong|
|49||Russia||New Zealand||New Zealand|
|60||Thailand||Saudi Arabia||Saudi Arabia|
|6S||Ukraine||South Africa||South Africa|
|67||Vietnam||Sri Lanka||Sri Lanka|