Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, Director (Building) Recruitment Rules, 2020: Notification
MINISTRY OF ELECTRONICS AND INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
New Delhi, the 2nd November, 2020
G.S.R. 686(E).—In exercise of the powers conferred by the proviso to article 309 of the Constitution, and in supersession of the Ministry of Communications and Information Technology, Department of Information Technology (Group ‘A’ post) Recruitment Rules, 2009 in so far as they relate to the post of Joint Director (Building) except as respects things done or omitted to be done before such supersession, the President hereby makes the following rules regulating the method of recruitment to the post of Director (Building) in the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, namely:-
1. Short title and commencement.—(1) These rules may be called the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, Director (Building) Recruitment Rules, 2020.
(2) They shall come into force on the date of their publication in the Official Gazette.
2. Number of post, classification and level in pay matrix.—The number of post, its classification and level in pay matrix attached thereto shall be as specified in columns (2) to (4) of Schedule annexed to these rules.
3. Method of recruitment, age limit, qualifications, etc.—The method of recruitment to the said posts, age- limit, qualifications and other matters connected therewith shall be as specified in columns (5) to (13) of the aforesaid Schedule.
4. Disqualification.—No person, –
(a) who has entered into or contracted a marriage with a person having a spouse living; or
(b) who, having a spouse living, has entered into or contracted a marriage with any person, shall be eligible for appointment to any of the said posts:
Provided that the Central Government may, if satisfied that such marriage is permissible under personal law applicable to such person and the other party to the marriage and that there are other grounds for so doing, exempt any person from the operation of this rule.
5. Power to relax.—Where the Central Government is of the opinion that it is necessary or expedient so to do, it may, by order and for reasons to be recorded in writing, relax any of the provisions of these rules with respect to any class or category of persons.
6. Saving.—Nothing in these rules shall affect reservation, relaxation of age-limit and other concessions required to be provided for persons belonging to the Scheduled Castes, the Scheduled Tribes, the Other Backward Classes, the Ex-servicemen and other special categories of persons in accordance with the orders issued by the Central Government from time to time in this regard.
|Name of post.||Number posts.||of||Classification.||Level in pay matrix.||Whether selection post or non-selection post.||Age limit for direct recruitment.|
*Subject variation dependent workload.
|General Central Service Group ‘A’, Gazetted, Ministerial.||Level-13 in the pay matrix Rs. 123100-215900.||Selection.||Not Applicable.|
|Educational and other qualifications required for direct recruits.||Whether age and other educational qualifications prescribed for direct recruits will apply in case of promotes.||Period of probation, if any.||Method of recruitment: whether by direct recruitment or by promotion or by deputation or absorption and percentage of the vacancies to be filled by methods.|
|Not applicable.||Not applicable.||Not applicable.||By promotion.|
|In case of recruitment by promotion or deputation or absorption, grades from which promotion or deputation or absorption to be made.||If a Departmental Promotion Committee exists, what is its composition?||Circumstances in which Union Public Service Commission is to be consulted in making recruitment.|
Joint Director (Building) in level-12 in the pay matrix (Rs. 78800- 209200) who have rendered five years approved service which should include four years of regular and continuous service in the grade.
Note 1: Where juniors who have completed their qualifying or eligibility service are being considered for promotion, their seniors would also be considered provided they are not short of the requisite qualifying or eligibility service by more than half of such qualifying or eligibility service or two years, whichever is less, and have successfully completed probation period for promotion to the next higher grade along with their juniors who have already completed such qualifying or eligibility service.
Note 2: The approved service rendered in the grade, on the 1st day of the Recruitment Year, as the residency period will be counted for promotion. Approved Service for seniority promotion mode of recruitment will be in respect of an officer recruited to that grade on the basis of length of service in the lower grade, period or periods of regular service rendered in that grade, including period or periods of absence during which he would have held a post on regular basis in that grade but for his being on leave or otherwise not being available to hold such post, from the first day of the recruitment year for which the recruitment was made:
Provided that where there is delay of more than ninety days in joining on appointment, such delay should not be due to any fault on the part of the officer.
Educational Qualifications: Essential:
Degree in Civil or Electrical Engineering from a recognised University along with ten years experience in construction and maintenance of residential or non- residential buildings including designing, estimating, contracts supervision etc.
Experience in maintenance or upkeep or air conditioning system, lifts or interior designing or architecture or electrical installations including working of sub stations.
|Grup ‘A’ Departmental Promotion Committee (for considering promotion) consisting of :
1. The Secretary to the – Chairman; Government of India, Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology
2. Additional Secretary – Member; (Personnel) or Joint Secretary
(Personnel), Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology
3. The Joint Secretary or – Member. equivalent to the Government
of India from Ministry or Department or Organisation other than Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology
RAJIV KUMAR, Jt. Secy.
Click here to view/download the NOTIFICATION in Hindi & English