Recruitment Rules 2020 of Group C posts in the Standardisation Testing and Quality Certification Directorate, MoEIT
MINISTRY OF ELECTRONICS AND INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
(STANDARDISATION , TESTING AND QUALITY CERTIFICATION DIRECTORATE)
New Delhi, the 5th October, 2020
G.S.R. 660(E).- In exercise of the powers conferred by the proviso to article 309 of the Constitution and in supersession of Standardisation, Testing and Quality Certification Directorate (Group “C” posts) Recruitment Rules, 2001 except as respects things done or omitted to be done before such supersession , the President hereby makes the following rules regulating the method of recruitment to Group ‘ C’ posts in the Standardisation Testing and Quality Certification Directorate Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, namely :-
- Short title and commencement.— (1) These rules may be called the Standardisation, Testing and Quality Certification Directorate, Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (Group ‘C’ Posts), Recruitment Rules, 2020.
(2) They shall come into force on the date of their publication in the Official Gazette.
- Number of posts, classification and level in the pay matrix – The number of said posts, their classification and level in the pay matrix attached thereto shall be as specified in columns (2) to (4) of the Schedule annexed to these rules.
- Method of recruitment, age limit, qualifications, etc. – The method of recruitment , age limit, qualifications and other matters relating thereto shall be as specified in columns (5) to (13) of the aforesaid Schedule.
- Disqualification.—-No person , –
- who, has entered into or contracted a marriage with a person having a spouse living; or
- who, having a spouse living, has entered into or contracted a marriage with any person, shall be eligible for appointment to any of the said posts :
Provided that the Central Government may, if satisfied that such marriage is permissible under personal law applicable to such person and the other party to marriage and there are other grounds for so doing, exempt any person from the operation of this rule.
- Power to relax -Where the Central Government may, is of the opinion that it is necessary or expedient so to do, it may, by order, for reasons to be recorded in, writing, relax any of the provisions of these rules with respect to any class or category of persons.
- Saving -Nothing in these rules shall affect reservation, relaxation of age limit and other concessions required to be provided for candidates belonging to the Scheduled Castes, the Scheduled Tribes, the Other Backward Classes, the Ex-Servicemen and other special categories of persons in accordance with the orders issued by the Central Government from time to time in this regard .
|Name of the Post.||Number Post. of||Classification.||Level in the pay matrix.||Whether Selection Post or Non Selection Post.||Age limit for direct recruits.|
|I. Staff Car Driver (Grade I)||05 (2020) *Subject to variation dependent on work load||General Central Service, Group ‘C’ Non-Gazetted Non – Ministerial.||Level-5 in the pay matrix (Rs. 29,200 – 92,300/-).||Non- Selection||Not applicable|
|Educational and other qualifications required for direct recruits.||Whether age and educational qualifications prescribed for Direct Recruits will apply in the case of promotees.||Period of Probation, if any.||Method of recruitment: Whether by Direct Recruitment or by promotion or by Deputation/ absorption and percentage of the vacancies to be filled by various methods.|
|Not applicable||Not applicable||Not applicable||By promotion.|
|In case of Recruitment by promotion/ deputation/ absorption grades from which promotion/ deputation/ absorption to be made.||If a Departmental Promotion Committee exists, what is its composition.||Circumstances in which Union Public Service Commission is to be consulted in making recruitment.|
|Promotion : Staff Car Driver (Grade-II) in Level -4 in the pay matrix of (Rs.25,500-81,100/-) with 6 years of regular service in the grade. Or With a combined service of 15 years in Staff Car Driver Grade II and Staff Car Driver Ordinary Grade; and have passed the trade test specified by the Government
Note : Where juniors who have completed their qualifying or eligibility service are being considered for promotion, their seniors would also be considered provided, that they are not short of the requisite qualifying or eligibility service by more than half of such qualifying or eligibility service of two years, whichever is less, and have successfully completed probation period for promotion to the next higher grade along with their juniors who have already completed such qualifying or eligibility service
|Group ‘C’ Departmental Promotion Committee (for considering promotion) consisting of:
1. Scientist ‘E’, STQC Directorate, Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology -Chairman;
2. The Joint Director/Deputy Director, STQC Directorate, Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology -Member;
3. The Under Secretary/Deputy Director from a Ministry or a Department other than STQC Directorate , Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology -Member.
|2Senior Secretariat Assistant||
*Subject to variation, on dependent on workload.
|General Central Service, Group ‘C’ Non-Gazetted Ministerial.||Level-4 in the pay matrix (Rs. 25,500 81,100/-).||Non- selection||Between 18 and 27 years of age (relaxable for Government servants upto the age of forty years in accordance with the instructions or orders issued by the Central Government from time to time. Note: The crucial date for determining the age limit shall be the closing date for receipt of application from candidates in India (and not the closing date prescribed for those in Assam, Meghalaya, Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, Manipur, Nagaland, Tripura, Sikkim, Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir and Union Territory of Ladakh, Lahaul and Spiti District and Pangi Sub- Division of Chamba District of Himachal Pradesh, Andaman and Nicobar Islands or Lakshadweep ).|
|3. Stenographer||05 (2020) Subject to variation on dependent work load.||General Central Service, Group ‘C’ Non- Gazetted Ministerial.||Level-4 in the pay matrix (Rs. 25,500 – 81,100/-).||Not applicable||
Between 18 and 27 years of age (Relaxable for Government Servants up to the age of forty years in accordance with the instructions or orders issued by the Central Government from time to time).
Note 1 : The crucial date for determining the age limit shall be the closing date for receipt of application from candidates in India (and not the closing date for prescribed for those in Assam,